70 4 speed Monte

Have been looking at a 70 monte Factory 4 speed with a build date of 3/6/70, engine is the matching number but this is the trans number??? Looks like a 69 to me and too far apart what do you think????

70 monte  muncie.jpg

70 muncie monte.jpg

monte vin.jpg

From what I see trans was built Aug of 69. Most of the time 6 month prior to car is correct . Does the Vin that is stamped match the car the 402890 should be the last 6 of the Vin. Still a nice rare find.good luck

Also looks like a Cortez Silver Car with a Black vinyl top and black prima Cloth bucket seats car......

Darren

Those stampings indicate 1969 model year car.. also there should only be 1 stamping that starts with P, the second character 9 indicates the "model" year car the trans is for. The partial VIN third character is a B,  = out of a Baltimore built car. The trim tag pictured is a Flint built car, the car should have F in the VIN. For example My November 1969 built 1970 chevelle (numbers and POP matching) trans is P0R29A 0= 1970 model year R29= October 29 1969 A= M20.

Look here!!

http://chevellestuff.net/qd/muncie.htm

So my opinion is that that is a transmission from a Baltimore built 1969 car. With 2 assembly dates for some reason.

• Like 1