72 bucket seats

Regmon

Hello everyone. I have bucket seat question. I'm doing a bench to bucket seat conversion on my 72 monte. and I'm recovering a set of seats from a 71 Malibu. My question is, what is the distance the buttons are from the top of the seat backs? Are they placed half way from the top to the bottom? Of somebody can measure there seat button location, that would be great. See pic..any info is appreciated. 

IMG_32351.jpg

I have one original set of Monte buckets that has the buttons 10 1/4 inches down from the piping/ top seam to the middle of the button. I have two more sets of originals that have the buttons at 11 1/2 inches down. I would go with the 11 1/2 myself, but lets see what some one else has for a measurement. I would not go by any measurements from seats that have been recovered.

looking at my bench seat, it looks like the buttons are at the same height as the buttons on the door panels. maybe i'm splitting hairs..but thanks for the measurements..will help when ready to put the buttons on the covers.

They look really good sitting there on the garage floor but i bet they will look even sweeter mounted inside the car.

rob

Excellent job! 

🙂 You might want to go ahead and knock that rivet out of the detent plate. I have your replacement ready to go.

Dan

• 1 month later...

Wow! Beautiful work and end result!   You can be justifiably proud!  Lots of satisfaction in having a project turn out so well - congratulations!