fan shroud

willie

What has everyone used to restore there fan shroud, paint, dye, just clean it.  I need to take a tunnel off another shroud because my BB tunnel is broken. However they are different shades of black. So I was wondering if anyone did anything to make them blend better.

Thanks

Hey Willie.

The tunnel part of the shroud is the same as the small block shroud. The part that bolts to the radiator top plate is where the difference for the Monte is. A Chevelle big block fan shroud with the Monte tunnel will work on a big block Monte. As will the Chevelle small block fan shroud with the Monte tunnel for a small block. Just in case you didn't know or forgot. 

I used Eastwood 's under hood black to paint my fan shroud, inner fenderwells, radiator support and chassis. I am very pleased with the results and the durability of the paint. I did it over 3yrs ago and still looks great! Hope this helps. 

IMG_0125.JPG

• Like 1

Hey Tom,

I knew about the tunnel being the same in the sm as the bb, and that the part that mounts was different from sb to bb. I had just received the staples so I could take the good tunnel off the sm and put it on the bb mounting part. Its all done and I started to clean it. It was 2 different shades of black plastic now and the tunnel had spotty paint around it. Half the paint was missing, so I started to clean it, and scrape off all the peeling paint. It is not perfect yet but I will be cleaning the rest off it today. The color looks much more even now then it was looking yesterday.

Tom your engine compartment looks fantastic!!!! 

But as of yet I am not sure I want to paint them, I might have to take out the fender wells I have and see how they look against each other. I thought there was some kind of polish or dye for them.

Thanks for the input guys

• 4 weeks later...