thinking about finally working on my 1970SS

ss4541970

I've owned my SS since 1979,  I bought it from the orginial owner. he said he ordered it in november of '69 on took possession in feburary 1970.

The build sheet said it was made in Van Nuys.

I removed the leveler and carbon filter in the early eighties which i regret now looking at the price to replace them

DSCN2548.JPG

letterfromGM.jpg

DSCN2528.jpg

DSCN2525.jpg

• Like 1

Hello. Welcome! Why are you only thinking about working on that SS of yours and not actually doing it? Looks like a solid, well optioned car. Love the letter and the pics!!!

Lex,

Welcome aboard the FGMCC boards.  We hope you like what you see here and decide to become a full fledged Dues Paying Member of the club.  First and foremost, we love pictures, lots of them.  That is a very well optioned SS.  Looks like bumper guards, Light Monitoring system, buckets, center console, power windows, remote mirror, steering wheel, vinyl roof to name a few...   Get to work on that beauty.  

rob

Welcome! Very well optioned car you have!

I hope to see you at an FGMCC Western Meet some day. The meets are a lot of fun even if your car is not ready to bring yet. They are a great place to get inspiration for your own car and learn A LOT about first gen Montes. This year there will be over 30 members from as far South as Arizona and as far East as Manitoba including a handful of SS454s.

• 1 month later...