The 72 Custom SS 454 progress

Jared Richey

Progress. Progress! Progress!!!

Frame and Firewall are 85% done, still some more filler to be sanded. I say 5-8 more working hours and the sanding and all filler application will be done. Then it will be time for paint.

Big Block is Coming....October.

72ss468002dx7.jpg

72ss468003iv1.jpg

72ss468004np1.jpg

72ss468005nh8.jpg

72ss468006xi1.jpg

72ss468007mu3.jpg

72ss468008jo3.jpg

72ss468009fj7.jpg

This is a first for me as for as doing body work and working with major amounts of smoothing myself. I learned a lot working on Kevin's Coke Machine, more good things than one have come out of me helping him. Multiple things for me. I love WIN WIN situations.

The goal on the firewall has been to smooth all factory imperfections of dents, dimples, high and low places, that goal is is getting there quickly. I am off from school tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get several hours in on it.

Frame Rails is 95% done. I really have surpised myself and am happy on how its turning out.

American Graffeti AC Delete Box is on the way.

Now for that BIG Block.....

call me at work in the afternoon and we'll talk about what day or days you can bring the fenders over and do some work.

How about I meet you for lunch somewhere tomorrow. Call me tonite and let me know.

Jared

???? 72 custom SS454 confusedwhistlegrin

Its going to be a Phantom Car, wait till I get this thing complete in about year or two, I'm gonna have so many odd things on it, you're going to scratch your head. nutz

71 SS Trim across the back/ black tail panel

70 steering wheel

SS 454 emblems on fenders

72 Custom emblem on sail panel.

71 Hood Spear

I guess you will call it the First Gen Retro sporting 600 HP and fiberglass hood and decklid.

Well after almost 3 full months of on and off weather pemitting Sanding, and lots of sandpaper later, and a lot of life took off my neighbors electric sander lol

The First Good Coat of Primer is On!

72ss468001vt4.jpg

72ss468002mp8.jpg

72ss468004uv6.jpg

72ss468003hm6.jpg

The Next Vicim

72ss468008no5.jpg

Here is one of the pair of 71 SS extentions I found, I painted the black inside the chrome, just to look a little ligit when I put them on the car. I know I know 70 Taillight Bezel.

This is the first step towards the Confusion. nutz

He's building....FrankenMonte

franknst.gif

Pretty cool Jared....I applaud your individuality. I myself like many of the small details on years other then our 71, for instance I like the trim on the back of the 72...I wish it was being made aftermarket, but I haven't been able to find it.

TTFN,

Jaylene

Guest 72yellowmc

Yeah my chrome piece on the rear has a few dings and pings, I would like to replace it, but I'm also thinking about just removing it and making it look like the 71 SS blacked out style, I've always liked that look. smile

Yeah my chrome piece on the rear has a few dings and pings, I would like to replace it, but I'm also thinking about just removing it and making it look like the 71 SS blacked out style, I've always liked that look. smile

Sounds like I should have kept my mouth shut. lollol

Oh and remember Robyn.... BB