Installing power bucket seats

70white402

I’m installing power bucket seats on both sides.  How does all the wiring install on both seats.Does anyone have the factory wiring for both sides and maybe a factory diagram.  Jeff in n.j.     By the way, this is for a 70.

No wiring, Jeff, but here are a couple of pages from the 1970 Monte Wiring Diagram Manual.  I was not able to see where the orange/black power supply wire exits the main harness to connect to each seat, but maybe you can find it or it possibly has its own separate harness that is not included in the Wiring Diagram Manual.

P1042138.JPG

P1042139.JPG

P1042150.JPG

P1042149.JPG

I'm curious as to why the transmission is part of the seat circuit. So you couldn't adjust the seats if the car was in motion?

The circuit breaker in the drawing is on the engine side firewall, near the brake booster. It's fed from a separate 10 gauge wire from the horn relay. This would also feed power windows.

33 minutes ago, Paul Bell said:

The circuit breaker in the drawing is on the engine side firewall, near the brake booster. It's fed from a separate 10 gauge wire from the horn relay. This would also feed power windows.

Paul,

Yes, I see it now on the attached wiring diagram page - both the circuit breaker and the 10 ga wire to the horn relay.  I didn't realize they were on the engine side of the firewall.

P1042137.JPG

Yeah, here's pics of the power setup. The triple plug would feed seats, windows and power tops. It's my understanding this removed the additional load from the fuse block. I think some other A-body cars did use the fuse block, such as Buicks.

Seat wires.jpg

Firewall breaker.jpg