50th Anniversary Monte Carlo

Rob Peters

I know it is early but to plan properly I have to start early.  As you may already know, I have been working with Carlisle Events for them to feature the Monte Carlo and celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Monte Carlo at the Chevrolet Nationals in June of 2020.  It is my plan to try to have AT LEAST 50 First Generation Monte Carlo's at our Eastern Meet in June of next year.  Not only am I shooting for at least 50 First Gen's I would like to fill as many spaces on the show field with ALL GENERATIONS of Monte Carlo's.  

With this in mind I have started an All Generations of Monte Carlo group on facebook.  Below is the opening post in this group.  You can join this new group if you like but I will also be hosting the 2020 Eastern Meet and in a couple months I will start asking for information here on the boards for our group.  Our First Generation Monte Carlo group will be tracked separate from this All Generation group.  My interest in this new group is simply to get as many Monte Carlo's on the show field as possible to get the recognition that our Monte Carlo's deserve.  To simplify the notification of this to other generation Monte owners I had reached out to someone to see if we could get a copy of the NMCOA email list but we were not successful in obtaining this so I will find other ways to accomplish this.  

You are welcome to join this new group if you wish but it is not required because I will be tracking our FGMCC membership here in our website and creating a different tracking list.  Below is the message I have posted in other areas of the internet to advertise this new All Generation Monte Carlo Group:

In 2020 the Monte Carlo will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary. I am working with Carlisle Events to feature the Monte Carlo at the Chevrolet Nationals June 26th and June 27th 2020.
I have started a new facebook group called Monte Carlo All Generations to try to get a feeling of how many people would be interested in coming to this show to celebrate this 50 year milestone. I am looking for ALL GENERATIONS OF MONTE CARLO's, not just First Generation.
I am in the First Generation Monte Carlo Club and have been hosting either our Eastern Meet or a club Mini-Meet there since 2005. Our club loves this show.
With the closing down of the National Monte Carlo Owners Association I thought some of their members may be looking for a large meet to showcase their Monte Carlo's and this would be an ideal place to do this.
If I can get enough interest I will try to get one, two or more hotels under contract with special pricing for this show. If you are interested in this please either post here AND send me an email at montemanrob@aol.com with the following information. Please put in the subject line All Generations Monte Carlo
Please email me :
Your Name:
Your Eamil Address:
Your Phone Number (optional):
Your Location:
The Year of Your Monte Carlo or Monte Carlo's:
The Generation of your Monte Carlo:
Class:(Stock) (Street) (Modified) (Custom):
Let's fill the 2020 Chevrolet Nationals with Monte Carlo's for the 50th Anniversary Year of Monte Carlo
Rob Peters
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, willie said:

Hey Rob I think that's a great idea!!!  I applaud you for taking another monumental task. I do have a question, how sure are we of those dates?

Those dates were posted in this years events guide.  I know this is a week later than normal.  I am glad someone pointed this out to me because when I negotiated the hotel contract 5 years ago for next year i used the dates they normally have this show and had to get our contract changed.  

rob

Just a note on this new fb Monte Carlo All Generations group... at this point in time this group is intended to promote the Monte Carlo 50th Anniversary at the Carlisle Events 2020 Chevrolet Nationals.  

Any information for our 2020 Eastern Meet will be posted here on our FGMCC web-site.  You can join this new group but it is mostly to inform other non-club members about this anniversary show.

rob