Removal of door hinges and lock mechanism?

71MonteCarloMD

I’m working on my drivers door to by removing surface rust and paint with epoxy primer, I am not sure if I should remove door hinges and lock mechanism on my drivers side as I am afraid of losing factory set up, any advices?  Any special way to remove them to retain factory setups?

And is the blue sticker reproduced anywhere?

AA75CF39-4B42-44B2-917D-7D9F925CC06F.jpeg

D30E0C17-6001-4C7D-9FF0-EE3B800C1283.jpeg

Hey Rick, yes they can all can be restored to factory, and yes I got my "blue" sticker from the guy at Carlisle. The only thing is he doesn't put the build date or vin on it, you have to do it yourself.  Someone else will chime in about who he is if not I will look for his name latter or tomm.

I ordered one of the blue stickers from OPGI awhile ago. It was way too small and just wrong, compared to the original one & sent it back with a couple of other things at the time. The link Rob posted is where I plan to get a replacement now. They advertise in the collision repair trade mags I get monthly, (ABRN- Auto Body Repair News & Body Shop Business) and where I started looking after the OPGI one failed. Good news is they will fill in all the info supposedly with the correct font, whereas you have to figure it out on your own with a blank label.

Hey Rick, I never did my hinges, I just put another oem from another door on. I think its the brass bushing is the piece that wears. Maybe someone else here has done it and chime in later.

I have taken off the lock mech, even though its been awhile ago,  not bad you already have the door off. You have to take off the inside door panel, and keep the window all the way up. If I am not mistaken there are 2 metal linkages connected to it. 1, is the actual linkage to open the door from the insde, I think that is held on by a plasticIMG_1124.JPG.e906808c4f6818c2389a76d3129f4cf7.JPG arm clip. 2, I think the door lock actuater has a metal arm clip. 3, the door key lock, I don't remember this having a clip, door lock mech just lifts off of the arm. After that its just the 3 screws that you see from the outside.

The pic is not of our car but it is in our service manual, just putting it out there so you can see it. Number 9 and 11 in the pic are the linkages that I am talking about, just becareful and go slow.  You might have to wear long sleeve shirt because metal door is sharp.