Kind of a meet in Finland, Europe

Thanks for sharing!  Pretty rare sight seeing two 1st Gen's together anywhere in Europe/Scandinavia.  Way to represent................:yay:  Hope you are enjoying them along with the weather you had.B)

Doug

Very nice!!! Now, tell us if they are both owned by members of your family.  I suspect yes due to how close the license plate numbers are.  If not I hope you turned the owner onto our little family here.

rob

Thanks for nice comments! Owners are both members of First Generation Monte Carlo Club, no worries! Only "family" to each other through these cars. And yes, there is quite active US car tradition in Finland e.g. monthly cruises in Helsinki (capital of Finland), Some photos from Helsinki cruising event July 5th 2019

Some drag race activities from these days; European Drag Race Championsihp days are going on in Finland this weekend by Finnish Hot Rod Association (FHRA). See some pictures: Nitro Nationals

• Like 1

Good to see pictures of your gold '72 again, Anssi!  Both Montes look great! 

Thanks for sharing the link to the Nitro Nationals.  I see my friend Jimmy Alund from Sweden was there again competing in both Pro Mod with Old '51 and Pro Stock with the Summit Camaro.  He won both classes at the 2018 Nitro Nationals there in Finland, but I haven't seen any results posted yet (in English) for this year's event.  I've read that Jimmy is trying to win the European championship in both Pro Mod and Pro Stock this year.  Hope he did well in Finland. It's amazing to me how many American muscle cars there are in Scandinavia!

I met Jimmy at a car show in Punta Gorda, Florida several years ago and he tuned my '70 4-speed Monte for me at his home in Port Charlotte.

IMG_0760.JPG

• Like 1

Really interesting post Dennis.... neat to meet any member at a meet you go to but to meet one like this from another country is really classic.

rob

On 7/7/2019 at 10:50 PM, MCfan said:

Good to see pictures of your gold '72 again, Anssi!  Both Montes look great! 

Thanks for sharing the link to the Nitro Nationals.  I see my friend Jimmy Alund from Sweden was there again competing in both Pro Mod with Old '51 and Pro Stock with the Summit Camaro.  He won both classes at the 2018 Nitro Nationals there in Finland, but I haven't seen any results posted yet (in English) for this year's event.  I've read that Jimmy is trying to win the European championship in both Pro Mod and Pro Stock this year.  Hope he did well in Finland. It's amazing to me how many American muscle cars there are in Scandinavia!

I met Jimmy at a car show in Punta Gorda, Florida several years ago and he tuned my '70 4-speed Monte for me at his home in Port Charlotte.

IMG_0760.JPG

Hi,

Now that is an interesting thing! Especially Jimmy´s tuning of Your Monte, wow!

Seems that the result pages at European Drag Race are not responding just now...

Fortunately You can find the results of Jimmy Alund from the Finnish Hot Rod Association´s discussion page just by scrolling down. Unfortunately seems that Jimmy did have some technical issues if You look at his times and speeds (km/h) in Pro Stock group. Same in Pro Mod´s semifinal...

Br,

Anssi