Fabric seat covers

mmccammon

Hey Mike,

I used legendary interiors cloth bucket seat covers in my 70. Couldn't be pleased more! I know they make bench seat covers also. Check them out. 

Yup, got mine thru Carsinc.years ago, good price ,excellent to work with. 'course I bought yards of fabric and had a Upholsterer do my seats, still look new 13yrs.(ugh) later!!post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

8 hours ago, mmccammon said:

Thanks!

wow they are pricey!

$900 plus for fabric vs $350 for vinyl at opgi 

Just picked up my interior parts from Legendary last week (Frt & rear seats, frt & rear door panels, rear armrest panels, package tray, sail panels, plus a bunch of other bits). Would have been happy to get away with $900, lol. Looks like the seat covers from OPGI are the PUI brand? That's what front door panels came with my car that the prior owner had done. Wasn't happy with them at all & had Legendary do all of them. Expensive, but a sizable difference in fit and quality. Not sure about the PUI seat cover quality, but if the door panels are representative of their entire line, then the old saying "you get what you pay for" applies.

I had PUI covers were on my seats when I bought the car. They ripped where the back meets the seat. Had it repaired and in about six weeks it came apart again. The Legendary covers were of such a better quality it was well worth the cost. I also went with the bolstered seat cushions and covers so that also increased the cost by several hundred dollars but the do sit and ride great.

1 hour ago, Leghome said:

. I also went with the bolstered seat cushions and covers so that also increased the cost by several hundred dollars but the do sit and ride great.

I opted for the same, the 'Rally' seats. Basically look stock, or what should have come in the car from the beginning.

Cloth is always more expensive than vinyl. Legendary is also better quality. I do know CARS Inc has cloth bench covers too and know people that were happy with the quality.

As for PUI I agree with what was said. My door panels from PUI are OK but not the best quality. I had issues with them within a year. They also aren’t completely factory correct but will be sufficient. PUI sent me a replacement set which I have not installed yet.

CarsInc is who did mine. At the time they were the only ones producing the cloth covers. I have heard nothing but great reviews on Legendary stuff also now that they are making them.

About double the cost of vinyl, but I wanted to go with cloth as that's what was in my car originally, that being said, the cloth and sandlewood color is not very user friendly. I probably should have done vinyl just for cleaning ease!