inside trunk latch what color

rsorg

guys, what would the inside trunk latch be the color of the car ,not sure  also the latch color of the part that is on the rear deck lid inside thanks

Hey rsorg,

Like Paul said, it was installed after the car was painted. So raw steel, or steel colored paint. I paint mine or you can clear over the raw steel. Don't want any more rust. Lololol

guys, my latch is grey primer color from when the car was painted , should i just get a color of steel and paint over it, thanks

Lol, I stand corrected. New discussion begins! Who's is body color? Who's is natural finish (steel)? What plants were they assembled in? Hmmmmmm

I have replaced the original trunk latch with an electric-powered latch on two '70s and both were bare metal.  The build plants were Baltimore and Van Nuys.

guys could somebody send me a picture of the mount that is on the trunk itself not the part that is mounted ,latch, that is on the deck lid thanks roger

1 hour ago, rsorg said:

guys could somebody send me a picture of the mount that is on the trunk itself not the part that is mounted ,latch, that is on the deck lid thanks roger

I can't get to my car right now but I can tell you it has never been repainted.  I had noticed it before as looking like it was a darker Gray base and then sprayed with the splatter paint. The reason I say a base coat under the splatter paint is because some of the splatter paint has worn off 

rob

My '70 from Van Nuys had body color on the trunk mounted latch and bolts. I had original paint on it when I got it. I documented those types of things before restoring it.

The latch in the trunk itself was like Rob's. It had the dark gray color with spatter paint on the lower part.

Dan

The inside of my 1970 trunk lid is all original. Here’s some photos. I’ve never looked up in that area before where the primer is exposed. I guess the factory missed that area on my car. It was built in Baltimore.

EBFE57B2-623C-4933-9CD8-B97DDD3D7E1E.jpeg

F944E887-8CBB-4D95-8023-5E4828EA4D2A.jpeg

• Like 1

guys, thanks for the info can anybody send me some pictures of the trunk mounted part that is fastened to the inside of the trunk ,that is the part i am inquiring about thanks roger

great, thank you all that is exactly what i was looking for it looks like yours was painted the body color then splatter paint on top of that ,thanks roger