PRJCTMC

Bent frame suggestions

Like Paul said, fenders can stay put, but I'd be real careful opening the doors after you shift the body around like that. The fender may be closer on one side and chip the front edge of the door. Just something to think about before you open the door normally and ruin your day. Go very slow and if it looks like it's going to hit, stop and adjust the front clip accordingly. It may not be a problem at all, but would surely suck if it did.

Ok guys so this is where I’m at. I stuck stuck a beefy screwdriver in the “guide hole” and tried to swing the tail of the body to the right to center the rear end to the body. Didn’t move much And I took the car to get aligned. Keep in mind the whole car has Hotchkis suspension besides the springs. That I plan to swap when I lower the car. So here’s some pictures n let me know what u guys think? Normal, bent frame and if bent should I swap or get it pulled???

last pis is of the trailing arm braces I took off. The Hotchkis ones the left one I had to extend 1/4 more than the right to fit.

8822772B-3261-4C28-9ED1-9140BB08FDE9.jpeg

C7925D0B-4598-4EC0-AF8B-8CC1951C6612.jpeg

D35FA503-4F13-41F5-9DC3-FE689ABB9C1A.png

E6C439A4-3643-4315-ACAD-B591489EF8BB.jpeg

BF69ADC4-6DAB-4522-A35E-525E806B9F5A.jpeg

Did you loosen all the body bushings from the firewall to the trunk cross member? It's ten bushings, I believe.

Moving the body around on the frame shouldn't change the front suspension alignment.

19 hours ago, Paul Bell said:

Did you loosen all the body bushings from the firewall to the trunk cross member? It's ten bushings, I believe.

Moving the body around on the frame shouldn't change the front suspension alignment.

Yes, and the shifted the whole body to the right as much as I could. The axle is 1/2” to the right. I measured from a point at the front to the center of the rear axle on both sides and the right side also measured 1/2” longer. 

Pretty much seems like the tail of the frame is 1/2” to the right? From your guys’s response  that’s “normal”???

I believe on Montes you have 4 holes. its not a perfect system. make sure you guid rod goes in straight not on an angle.

On 7/30/2019 at 7:34 AM, imr said:

I believe on Montes you have 4 holes. its not a perfect system. make sure you guid rod goes in straight not on an angle.

I’ll check again. I found 2 and used those, but I’ll look for the other 2. The original trailing arm brace was a little buckled as shown in the previous pic I posted, and one of the know upgraded ones I had to extend 1/4 more. That’s why it’s lead me to believe my frame may be a little bent at the rear. 

i believe they are forward of the read wheels in the frame. i dont have a monte here to look at. the trailing arm on the right looks like it hit something but i have not spent enough time to tell you if its bent.