Few Loose Ends

monte70z20

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their rides so far this summer.  I just put the dash back in my 70 and I have a few loose ends that I am not sure where they plug into.  The radio is missing from the car so I'm thinking that's what they might be for as everything else seems to be plugged in their respective places.  Here are some pics of what I'm wondering about.  I've tried to show the wiring colour and the plug end for each harness.  I'm assuming The black plug with the cut wires is radio and the cut wires were for the speakers.  Thanks in advance for any input.

DSC_1559b.JPG

DSC_1562.JPG

DSC_1565.JPG

DSC_1566.JPG

DSC_1571.JPG

DSC_1572.JPG

The first & second one is for the radio. It's part of a harness that splits to two more plugs. I *think* this pic is for a one speaker car, more speakers adds plugs. This adapter allowed the line worker to easily adapt the radio.

radio.jpg

Third picture is the heater connector.

Fourth pic, I'd need to see the wire colors.

Five & six, heater resistor. If the car has AC, this plug sits unused in the dash.

• Like 1

Thanks Paul.  Very, very helpful

Just to clarify, the Third and Fourth are the same harness, Fourth is just showing the plug end of the third picture.  If it is a heater connector, do you know where it plugs into?  If you can't see the wire colours in the third picture I can clarify later today when I'm back home.

Car did have AC so I will just tuck that away.

Third pic heater plug goes to the blower speed switch.

22 minutes ago, monte70z20 said:

Wire colours are Blue, Yellow, Brown, and a Dark Orange and Light Orange go into same terminal.

This also appears to be the heater blower switch. I'd say one of them is abandoned like the under dash resistor plug when the car got AC added in.

Thanks again Paul.  I would agree that this switch is abandoned as well if it is for the blower switch.  The fan/blower is functioning with the wiring harnesses that are connected to the heater/ac controls.  I'll just label them and tuck them under the dash.

If they have power going to some of those wires, could I use them later on down the line if I add accessories to the car?