Wiring

Mikes72

Hey guys

Last nights fun. I'm installing a new hei system in my girl. Pretty straight forward  red wire to hot, green is my tac.

Now on to the ? I removed the old disruptor " gave it a kick across the garage floor and laughed " looking at the way they had it hooked up, not so funny. Here we go. - side of coil, black wire to dis... + side we had this.

black,pink, yellow  The black  wire went 2 a capacitor mounted in the coil. The pink wire came from the harness someone broke open "not good"  it was marked, resistance do not cut, and the yellow wire went to the alternator ?

20190804_172827.jpg

20190804_173231.jpg

Lol ok. You have a little mess there. All you need to do is run a true 12v switched to the power of the distributor. Not a resistance wire. It does not give a true 12v at all times. If you didn't know already. Remove the yellow wire from the alternator. 

Obviously at some time the resistance wire in your car had an issue and someone added a different wire to it.