Retired?

John S

I usually don't post personal stuff but here goes. I will be 60 years old later this month and today after much thought I signed the "the terms of surrender" my company offered on a date yet to be determined but before 2020. This is not an early retirement but a "voluntary separation". I have almost 29 tears in the natural gas industry and during my time when I was younger I saw these"deals" before. I learned that there are two choices, bad, and worse. Faced with those choices always take bad because the next offer is of course  worse. I've had a number of injuries in this business that has limited me to some things but not all. I will still be able to do some of the things I want to do to Monte Charles because there is always something to do, and if not I will find something because I find it enjoyable, and now I will have plenty of time.  So I will wait for my "final day" and take it from there. Since I lived on the cheap, and at times been lucky, I was told I may not have to work again. We'll see what happens, anyway I will find a way to make it work. 

1 hour ago, 1970mcss said:

I would do the same but I don't want to pay for health care. I'm happy for you and hope it all works out for you.

I too am a little concerned about the health insurance but didn’t have much of a choice   

John S

Hey John, congrats!!!! The number one reason to stay at a job till full retirement is heath care. I myself am retired from 1 job and can leave anytime i want from my 2nd.  ITS GREAT!!!!! So happy for you Enjoy!!!