Another wire/connector question

All, at the wire wall I have a black wire with a purple stripe with a female connector not plugged into anything. Does anyone have any idea what that would plug into? I looked on the wiring diagram and it looks like tcs solenoid but there is a wire from the relay to the solenoid. This connector looks like it goes to the fuse block. I'm confused.

Any help would be great, thanks Paul 

I think I found my answer, it looks like the connector I have is for the idle stop solenoid. My question now is did the big block cars come with the solenoid or did they just wire all cars with a standard harness. Or did someone take the solenoid off.

• 2 weeks later...

Larry, you are correct, I found a replacement harness and solenoid on line. Now I need to see if anyone has a picture of how the solenoid mounts to a big block carb. My parts book only list the clamp for a small block and I'm not sure if they are the same. Any help would be great.

Thanks

IMG_1235.JPG.694352659706a65bff715fa58c7185e8.JPG

Hey Paul, this is the only pic i have. I can get more but not by the car now. This a 72 with a new harness with 1 wire. I also have another set of wires for the TCS that mounts behind the carb. I don't have pics of that either right now but i will get them later for you.

Thanks Willie, do you have a picture of the solenoid mounted to the carb? I looked at mine last night and can't figure out how I would mount it. Leo is looking to see if he has the whole setup.

No Paul, not on the BB. I do have one on the  SB but i am not sure its mounted the same, i will ck later for you. I actually don't have one, i have to order it and got so involved with all the gremlins from the electrical on my car that i forgot to order it. I will try and get you all the pics you need later. I know in the manuals there is a pic of this whole setup.

Leo is a great guy to deal with, always has the parts and the time for a question or two.

I found another diagram UPC M40 Sheet A9 in the manual, says RP0 L78 & L89 but the sheet has cancelled on it. I would still like to see a picture of a car will the original solenoid mounted. Or maybe Leo has a complete setup.

Paul this is my 72 BB being built, not done yet. With the original bracketIMG_1243.JPG.900ae3992957fadd07de39fac1d7ce38.JPG

If you can see it, there is a connector in the back between the carb and the coil. That is the TCS wires and the unit goes behind the carb. (I dont have this either).

IMG_1244.JPG.4dd24df40dc62157185aaa8b5f5c5e00.JPG

Here is a pic of my parts car. It is a 350 car so the mounting bracket is different, for the idle solenoid. Also the TCS is placed in a different spot (left side next to carb).

Also check in your manual for UPC 12H sheet 21.5  Thats the pic i went by.  If you cant find it let me know and i will get it to you.

Willie, the pic of the 4 bbl now makes sense. I don't see that page number in my 70 assembly manual but may not need it. The page I have showed the bracket mounting to a head bolt stud or something. If you have the sheet that would be good to take a look at. You've been a great help.

PS your engine is looking good. Love all the detail..

Thanks guys, the 72 may be different. The diagram looks different than the one I have but looks like the 402 bracket but the connector and wires on the solenoid looks different. My connector at the firewall is a single black wire with a purple stripe.  I guess my hope is that Leo has the correct set up from a 70 BB. I'll let you all know, thanks again.

So I'm still in search of a picture of the original 1970 454 picture. I haven't heard from  Leo.  I'm not in a big hurry because the car runs ok but I would still like to put it back to stock. Thanks Larry

Have you tried some of the Chevelle websites? Those guys have been restoring Chevelle's a long time. The Chevelle and Monte Carlo were built on the same assembly lines, side by side. The Chevelle LS5 is the same one in the Monte Carlo. Hope this helps.