1972 monte , low miles, pictures included.

Hey monte members. I just got my latest low mileage  72 monte with 34,198 miles. 350 2 bbl , special order paint, fathom blue I wish the paint was shined up some more. I used some wash and wax stuff to wash it. I don't know if I,m better off having it wet polished at a body shop or is there good polish or wax for original laquer paint that would bring  the shine back to life. it has a decent shine but what would be the best way to handle a original paint car,  there is a small area  of paint on top about a half dollar size  that has come off in the rear to top seam area and a shopping cart dent in rear quarter that made the first owner park the car inside since 1990. 2nd owner (a car friend now) installed new tank and fuel pump installed, carb rebuilt. bump key and starts, ac needs a charge or whatever, need new wheels and tires with white walls (original tires have cracks ofcourse on sidewall .., plan on replacing caliper hoses and repack wheel bearings and drive to local shows. keep the miles down. maybe trailer to carlise  show or the beach shows.   Thanks Keith

cowl tag.jpg

dash.jpg

door label 2.jpg

IMG_0523.JPEG

IMG_0524.JPEG

front bench.jpg

door label1.jpg

head light.jpg

door panel.jpg

engine front.jpg

air cleaner.jpg

master cyl.jpg

rear seat.jpg

Sweet 72! I’m no professional and I don’t have experience with lacquer but shouldn’t it buff up with a machine buffer just the same as acrylic enamel does? Just gotta be careful of painted edges so you don’t burn through the paint. 

Nice Keith, what a great color. My .02 i would take the back seat out for the build sheet also. Nice to have. Copy it and put it back when reinstalling seat. Good Luck with her!!!

No panel removal needed.  The only thing holding the bottom sear cushion are two metal tabs sticking up from the floor of the car.  On the bottom front of that seat cushion is a spring steel seat frame and to remove the lower cushion you have to push very hard in that area.  Push that area toward the rear of the car and lift the front part of the seat upward and it should unhook and slice right out.  I have never scratched anything removing the lower seat cushion..  The rear seat backrest is held in position by I think just 2 bolts at the bottom of that seat back cushion and with these two bolts removed you would lift up the cushion to unhook it from the top lip.

rob

thanks I will get it out this weekend. I never worried about the other seats I've pulled. rear was was covered with plastic from 1st owner, plastic was taken off a year ago. I,m going to have to cover everything with something to make sure it stays that way. 

That original blue interior is mint! Nice man. As for the paint, take er to a professional detailer if you're not comfortable in stuff like  colour sanding and buffing, original lacquer can be saved minus the cracking