70 remote mirror options

imr

I got the factory remote (chrome) style mirror and matching passenger side mirror from ausleys Chevelle parts. At the time they had the best price. 

Trim parts, Ground up, leo and Jared may have them also. Ground up usually runs sales. 

The mirrors for our cars are the same as the Chevelle ones. 

I got my hood insulation from Lutty's Chevy parts.  I think all of the 70 Monte's had the square metal clips.  Most of the parts suppliers only carry the round plastic clips so if yours has the metal you may want to keep them and paint them simi-gloss black and reuse them.  If someone knows where to buy the square metal clips I am sure they will post here.

That reminds me, I need to order a new hood insulation pad for mine.

rob

ok got the remote mirror to replace my pitted mirror. it looks very good, a decent repo. 

the hood insulation looks good but i really dont remember how the original looked. it did mot come with metal clips. 

what should the metal clips look like

Antoine, My Monte was built in Baltimore and i a 1970.  It was a late build, around the end of June and I know for a fact my original clips were metal.  I just spent an hour and a half searching for the plastic bag I have them in down in my garage but I could no find them.  My plan was always to clean the originals up and paint them the satin black which would be correct for them.  I guess the only time I am able to find them is when I am not looking for them.  Anyway the original's that came out of my car look very close to these pictured here, which are the one's for sale by Lutty's Chevy Parts.  I could be wrong but I thought all of the 1970 Monte's had the metal hood insulation clips.  

rob

HOOD INSULATION CLIPS - METAL

15 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Just installed the ausleys remote mirror on my 70 SS. Fit fine. IDK.

How many clips do you need? 

IMG_20190928_142427.jpg

tom I dont have any. it looks like a box of 18 is $30. How many does it take. 

That one does not look like the original ones that were on my 70.  The ones from Lutty's are more like my original ones.  I know I will eventually find them, more than likely after I buy the ones from Lutty's.  Mine has reproduction plastic round ones now but I want to go more back to original.

rob