Adjusting/Lashing Valves on Roller Motor?

snomobeelr

Hello, 

I've done this before but it was when I had a regular Hydraulic Cam and stock Rocker Arms. When I did this prior it was not the best way, I did it with car running it was the back off nut and readjust by sound/Clicking method.  My motor has 5000 miles on it now and I probably should have check it before but I have not done it.  i Have a Roller Cam/Lifters and Rockers. I dont know if it is needed but I have attached the Cam card  Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You 

454  -30 over

Brodix Race Rite Oval port Heads

cam card  - Scan 2.jpeg

cam card  - Scan 2.jpeg

I never liked to adjust lash on a running engine.

If the engine is not making any valve train noises I would leave it alone.  They do not need adjustment like solids, unless they are a short travel racing hydraulic lifter and they are noisy.

I usually adjust the intake when the exhaust valve for that cylinder is just starting to close and I adjust the exhaust when the intake is almost closed. Back off the adjuster and then tighten until you can feel some drag when your are spinning the pushrod between your fingers. when yiu feel that drag tighten 1/2 turn and lock down

. So it is done same as Flat tappet, I wasn't sure about that.  I did find an article/Site with directions too I pasted it below. Guess Ill see if it is right.  

Thanks everyone, appreciate it !!

https://www.centuryperformance.com/valve-adjustment-procedure.html

ENGINE OFF Valve Adjustment Procedure - The Quick and Accurate Way:

First, view this simple chart below for Small and Big Block Chevy Engines. Do you understand what it describes? A more detailed explanation follows below the chart. For other engines you will use the firing order that matches your engine to create a similar chart. This chart is based upon "opposite" cylinders of your firing order. (see below)

Intake Valve Adjustment: ENGINE OFF!

·        with #1 cylinder Intake Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #6 Intake Valve

·        with #8 cylinder Intake Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #5 Intake Valve

·        with #4 cylinder Intake Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #7 Intake Valve

·        with #3 cylinder Intake Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #2 Intake Valve

·        with #6 cylinder Intake Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #1 Intake Valve

·        with #5 cylinder Intake Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #8 Intake Valve

·        with #7 cylinder Intake Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #4 Intake Valve

·        with #2 cylinder Intake Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #3 Intake Valve

Exhaust Valve Adjustment: ENGINE OFF!

You will notice that this is the same procedure and sequence as the intake valves listed above. Only now you are adjusting ONLY the exhaust valves the same way.

·        with #1 cylinder Exhaust Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #6 Exhaust Valve

·        with #8 cylinder Exhaust Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #5 Exhaust Valve

·        with #4 cylinder Exhaust Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #7 Exhaust Valve

·        with #3 cylinder Exhaust Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #2 Exhaust Valve

·        with #6 cylinder Exhaust Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #1 Exhaust Valve

·        with #5 cylinder Exhaust Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #8 Exhaust Valve

·        with #7 cylinder Exhaust Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #4 Exhaust Valve

·        with #2 cylinder Exhaust Valve at full valve lift .... Adjust #3 Exhaust Valve

• 2 weeks later...