Rear bumper swap.

Ted

I purchased a rear bumper for my 72 monte.

I noticed that the rubber is missing from around the tail lights.

Does anyone know the name or part number for this part?

I would like to install them when I change the bumper. 

20190920_160029.jpg

20190920_160044.jpg

Do you want used or new? If new, without looking I know The Parts Place has them. I believe cheaper than anyone else. 

Just went on their website. They are called, rear body to bumper seals. Part #BP5010M  24.00

• Like 2

Thank you for the help.

I will have a look at their site. 

I'm in Canada and find ordering parts from the USA is very expensive. 

There is a place in Windsor Ontario that I will checkout to  see if they can get them. 

22 minutes ago, Paul Bell said:

Ted, those rubber "seals" were only used on 1970 cars. 71 & 72 didn't receive them.

Paul.

I've seen the rubber seals on other 72 models.

I'm replacing the rear bumper asap but wanted to find the seals.

Without them the inside of the bumper is visible and in my opinion... not good.

5 minutes ago, Paul Bell said:

I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about the rubber that goes between the bumper and the quarter panel extension.

You must be looking for the tail light lens seals.

See first picture of my tail light.

5 minutes ago, Paul Bell said:

By Jove Paul, I think you have got it.  

rob

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Paul Bell said:

That's the ticket...

Thank you.

48 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

The ticket was punched with the first response to your question. Lolol

Yes it was.. I was being encouraging. Lol.

I saw the first response and commented on it.

Edited by Ted

40 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

:hijack: Can someone tell me how to add a link like that to a post?

Steve,

First highlight the link

Then, with it highlighted at the same time press the "Ctrl" and "C" keys and that will copy the link

Then move your cursed where you want to place the link.  With the cursed sitting there waiting, at the same time press the "Ctrl" and "V" keys and that will paste the link there.

rob

16 minutes ago, Jared Richey said:

I've also seen the rear bumper to body seal that was supposed to be 70 only on some early production 71 cars.

Since july when I bought my monte... its  been 2 decades since I remember seeing another one.

Since then I've learned a lot about the first generation... which in my opinion is the only generation. 

I've only seen 3 or 4 others and in all 3 years..  I've even seen a 72 SS WITH column shift and a bench seat...lol   all were way above mine in detail and I noticed they all had the rubber style seals around the bottom of the taillights. 

I've purchased a rear bumper and wanted to replace those seals at the same time.

I found them and ordered the set from a local Canadian muscle car depot. 

OK Ted, here's the full info about the THREE 'seals" that involve the tail light/quarter panel extension:

1: 1970 cars ONLY. there was a steel reinforced flat spacer that got attached with through screws on the side of the quarter extension. It was flat and looked like an "L". It can be seen under the bumper sides.

2: The tail light lens seal, I linked to in in my third post in this thread.

3: The quarter extension to bumper seal, I linked to it in my fourth post in this thread. It's flat when not installed and wrapps around the bottom of the quarter extension below the tail light. When it's installed, it's horseshoe shaped. THIS is the one I think you need.

If you've ordered the wrong one, they probably haven't shipped it yet and you can change or cancel the order.

I found a pic of the wrap-around seal, #3:

252080851336_1.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul Bell said:

OK Ted, here's the full info about the THREE 'seals" that involve the tail light/quarter panel extension:

1: 1970 cars ONLY. there was a steel reinforced flat spacer that got attached with through screws on the side of the quarter extension. It was flat and looked like an "L". It can be seen under the bumper sides.

2: The tail light lens seal, I linked to in in my third post in this thread.

3: The quarter extension to bumper seal, I linked to it in my fourth post in this thread. It's flat when not installed and wrapps around the bottom of the quarter extension below the tail light. When it's installed, it's horseshoe shaped. THIS is the one I think you need.

If you've ordered the wrong one, they probably haven't shipped it yet and you can change or cancel the order.

I found a pic of the wrap-around seal, #3:

252080851336_1.jpg

Those are the ones I need.

I guess I did order the wrong one. 

I'll try and correct it tmrw morning when they open.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Ted, if you ordered the part I gave you the part number for,  in the first post to your question, you have the correct seals. 

The "70" side bumper to body seals are on all 70s and most early "71s" from the factory. I feel they should be on all 3 years on Monte Carlo. Just looks better with them.