SS 454 Kansas car.. Restoration Portfolio

Jared Richey

Went and picked up an SS 454 in Paint Rock AL. Kansas car, very little rust if any. Factory no vinyl car. Black on black. 

Plan to get it up and running. Possibly restore then sell. Of course it will be available at any time if someone wants a project.

IMG_20191002_165446518_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like a spare grill in the interior.  Is the one that is mounted on the car trashed from the front drivers side accident?  You didn't say so are we supposed to assume it is all numbers matching?

rob

It's a Flint built car. Kansas it's whole life 

I bought it from paint Rock AL, guy bailed on building a 70 SS Fake shovel. He had it shipped from Kansas. 

The engine is a 73, but all the brackets are correct and nothing missing. All the air ride stuff is here. Pictures from this stage of condition will help document it's authenticity. 

I'm hoping the transmission is original with the code. Where was it I look for that?

Engine is 1973 as told

Transmission is 1968

So it's a real SS with without original drivetrain.

The 12 bolt rear has the limited-slip tag on it so that was a pleasant surprise.. also the leveling valve is mounted above the rear end as it should be.

• Like 2

I think pictures as these are very important to prove the authenticity of an SS 454 without any paperwork or #s matching drivetrain.

Here is the stuff all in a rusty state and obviously on the car since New.

IMG_20191005_120334932.jpg

IMG_20191005_120157313.jpg

IMG_20191005_120222149.jpg

I have the body gutted and ready to come off the frame.

I wasn't going to remove the body all the way just simply jack up on each side and replace bushings clean and paint a little but I discovered someone's drag racing in the past caused the rear shock mount to be completely broken away and is gone so that's going to have to be repaired.

This car was rode hard and put up wet more than a few times.

Frame is trash.. found more issues 

Using another one. Already cleaned and epoxied with some Eastwood epoxy.. thick stuff but works great on this pitted frame.

IMG_20191009_181646693_HDR.jpg

Struck gold on this rear end its a 331 code. 1970

Body is off the frame.already have the interior lined up to be done in a few months. Will be special ordering red door panels.

No I try and not waste any time the faster I get it fixed a quicker it can be put on the market

IMG_20191010_191000662.jpg

IMG_20191010_175624183_HDR.jpg

• Like 1