Which head light bucket is correct

I was taking apart the head lights on the 70 Monte and notice that one is very different and I dont remember that style. one had the body color over spay on it and one was the satin black. Can one be from a 72 Monte?

20191004_101559.jpg

I can tell you this, the Black one is the same as what is used on 71/72 Chevelle and Elcamino, so it may be from a 72 Monte Carlo. I do not have any from a 70 Monte Carlo to compare with. A 70 Monte Carlo may have used the style you have with the overspray. I am not sure on that. 

when i search for 70 on ebay, and Market place they all look like the black one. it is also what i remember from the 80s. Maybe it is an old after market one. none of my searches finds that one

In the ebay ad in the link below, it has a bucket like your with the over spray on it that was supposed to have come from a 1972 NOVA.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-1972-NOVA-HEADLIGHT-HEAD-LIGHT-MOUNT-BUCKET-CHEVELLE-CAMARO-1969-1970-1971/233193765811?fits=Year%3A1970|Model%3AMonte+Carlo&hash=item364b6e7bb3:g:b1gAAOSwRJpbcjQj

I'm at work & can't find pics of my '72  parts, but found some part numbers from a parts manual on my laptop. For 1970 it looks like 924535 & 5957684 - left & right. For 71-72, the part numbers are 5961886 & 5961887-left & right.

8 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I'm at work & can't find pics of my '72  parts, but found some part numbers from a parts manual on my laptop. For 1970 it looks like 924535 & 5957684 - left & right. For 71-72, the part numbers are 5961886 & 5961887-left & right.

i just googled these numbers and they look the same both years

27 minutes ago, imr said:

i just googled these numbers and they look the same both years

Here's what I looked at. "Ring, Mounting" item 15 for the 1970, item 12 for the 72.

1970 buckets.JPG

1972 buckets.JPG

2 hours ago, RealRed70 said:

You should have said that you were looking to purhase one. I have some of these for sale.

I wasnt sure, but i will let you know if i dont like the ones i get. PM me what you have for a 70

Antoine,

I have sort of a stupid question and maybe I should have asked you before now and maybe saved you some money.  The old ones you have must have been on your car before you had it painted the car.  How well did they fit prior to you removing them.  Were the headlights properly adjusted?  These are parts that would never show once the bezel's are installed and if everything worked you could have used what had been on the car already.  

Now, that said, you may be like me and would prefer to have installed what was correct from the factory.  I can't say I would be doing anything differently than what you have done.  Again, maybe I asked you a stupid question.

rob

45 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Antoine,

I have sort of a stupid question and maybe I should have asked you before now and maybe saved you some money.  The old ones you have must have been on your car before you had it painted the car.  How well did they fit prior to you removing them.  Were the headlights properly adjusted?  These are parts that would never show once the bezel's are installed and if everything worked you could have used what had been on the car already.  

Now, that said, you may be like me and would prefer to have installed what was correct from the factory.  I can't say I would be doing anything differently than what you have done.  Again, maybe I asked you a stupid question.

rob

Well it was the first thing i told my kids no one will see them but it will bother me forever. Not a stupid question. I like  original. ill sell thenother stuff and try recoupe. who knows maybe it will become wall art