Sign in to follow this  
Rob Peters

Eastern Meet Milestone

Today we hit a milestone on Eastern Meet club registrations.  As of today I have 60... Yes SIXTY...  That is 60.... or SIX-ZERO First Gen Monte's registered with me for he 2020 Eastern Meet.  We all know that sometimes things come up and someone has a family emergency that prevents them from attending a meet but to have this many cars already registered with me for an Eastern Meet that is STILL 8 1/2 months away is way more than we could have expected.  Keep those registrations coming.  

Can you imagine seeing this many First Gen Monte' converging on the Carlisle Events show field????   I want to thank everyone in the club who is promoting this event.  Keep up the GREAT work.  I had hoped to have just over 50 first gen's by June of next year but to have 60 already is beyond expectations.  Should we now shoot for 70 or dare I say 80.   

I am going to have to buy more name badge holders and lanyards at this rate.... but that is a good thing.  Can you imagine bench racing of over 100 people when you include all the members and their guests, well we are already way over that.  Again, I thank everyone who is helping to promote this and keep up the good work.

rob

WOW that is great Rob. Thank you for all your hard work on this meet so far. What about the banquet? I don't think we'll all fit at that place we've had it in the past? Plus I don't know if they can handle this many people.  Just another thing to worry about lol. Great job Rob thanks again.

I think we ought to get ahold of that Australian car guy so he can get us on his show. What would he think of seeing all those Monte Carlo's on the show field?post-259-0-61935100-1474727657_thumb.jpg

35 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

I think we ought to get ahold of that Australian car guy so he can get us on his show. What would he think of seeing all those Monte Carlo's on the show field?post-259-0-61935100-1474727657_thumb.jpg

Get Jay Leno too. He loves cars and does host

On 10/10/2019 at 1:54 AM, cny first gen 71 said:

WOW that is great Rob. Thank you for all your hard work on this meet so far. What about the banquet? I don't think we'll all fit at that place we've had it in the past? Plus I don't know if they can handle this many people.  Just another thing to worry about lol. Great job Rob thanks again.

You are correct Steve.  Marcello's Restaurant could not handle that many people in their restaurant.  We are already working on a work-around.  I don't want to do away with the Awards Banquet.  When I first joined the club the awards were just distributed on the show field but when I hosted my first Eastern Meet in Carlisle I started having the Awards Banquet and it was a hit and I think that is the way we have done it ever since.  

So, I have my work cut out for me to pull something off for a group this large.

rob

On 10/12/2019 at 9:24 AM, 420ponies said:

Jim,

I have already sent an email to Classic Resto's (Martin Fletcher AKA:   Fletch) to urge him to come to our area on the show field.  In my email I told him I know he usually does stories on individual cars but I suggested he maybe do a feature bit on our club and the many, many beautiful Monte's we will have there.  I am not sure if he was at the Chevrolet Nationals this year, I did not see him on the show field but that does not mean he was not.

rob

31 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Rob I sent you an email

Thanks Steve, I did see it and replied.  Thanks so much!!

rob

Some more 2020 Eastern Meet early numbers for you as of October 22nd:

Club First Gen's By Year:  1970 = 28 or 29,    1971 = 18     1972 =  16 to 18   Unsure = 2

Club First Gen's By Class:   Stock = 20,      Street =   13,          Modified =  23

Member Arrivals:  Tuesday = 2    Wednesday = 15     Thursday = 39   Friday = 5   Saturday = 1    Unsure = 2

Total People Including Members and Guests =  141

Total First Time Eastern Meet Member Attendee's = 16

These are some great numbers and they are not complete numbers so keep the registrations coming.

rob

I wonder if there's a restaurant who would basically shut down early and let us take it over. Lol

Would we be better off reserving a small venue and catering?  There would be up front costs, but it may be easier.  Not from the PA area, but have to imagine there is a small hall nearby.  Just a thought.  Looking forward to attending and taking part in the event.  

3 hours ago, Jared Richey said:

I wonder if there's a restaurant who would basically shut down early and let us take it over. Lol

That’s what we do for the meets in Penticton. The restaurant is usually closed Sundays but opens for a special event for our group. We get the entire restaurant. I don’t think a restaurant will do that on a Saturday though.

2 hours ago, Krobb2000 said:

Would we be better off reserving a small venue and catering?  There would be up front costs, but it may be easier.  Not from the PA area, but have to imagine there is a small hall nearby.  Just a thought.  Looking forward to attending and taking part in the event.  

This is an option that is being considered BUT for something like renting a hall is you have to set it up for your dinner and usually either have to clean up the hall afterward or pay someone to clean it for you.  Along with that you have to pay for the hall rental and that cost would have to be spread among the members in attendance.  

The award dinner is something I am still working on and I am sure it will work out fine.  There is one member already looking into a hall rental and once he has completed that I will get back with you on this.

rob

On 10/22/2019 at 5:49 PM, Rob Peters said:

Jim,

I have already sent an email to Classic Resto's (Martin Fletcher AKA:   Fletch) to urge him to come to our area on the show field.  In my email I told him I know he usually does stories on individual cars but I suggested he maybe do a feature bit on our club and the many, many beautiful Monte's we will have there.  I am not sure if he was at the Chevrolet Nationals this year, I did not see him on the show field but that does not mean he was not.

rob

I did get an email reply from Fletch regarding Carlisle.  As I said in my reply above that I did not see him on the show field this year and I was correct.  Here is Fletch's response to me regarding him featuring our club on his show:

Dear Rob,

Hello and good morning.

Thank you for your lovely email of request, regarding my attendance @ Carlisle in 2020.

As much as I would love to feature your Monte’s as a group – and I would – my last year attending Carlisle Events was 2016 due to some political changes there in Admin.

Having said that, the person that was a part of my demise has now left the company. Just 2 weeks ago, I attended a dinner @ Hershey, and I met the new replacement guy

who seems a very nice person.

I am about to email him. I just returned from my USA trip last night – your email is incredibly timely.

In a nutshell, IF I return to Carlisle in 2020, I would be only too happy to feature your cars as you have requested Rob.

Thank you again Rob, we will see how we go.

Kindest regards,

Fletch

Some Updated Eastern Meet Numbers for you to digest as of Dec 3, 2019:

Members Registered:   75              Total Number Members and Guests:  153

1970's:  29 to 30     1971's:  15 to 16      1972's:  16 to 19

Registered Stock:  22  Registered Street:  13   Registered Modified:  27   Unsure:  3

First Time Eastern Meet Attendee's:  10

Total Members States represented:   18 plus 1 from Canada.  We need some more Canadian members to attend

This response has been amazing and I thank everyone.  As of today we have filled all of our rooms in two of our hotels and I have 3 members waiting for me to either get our first hotel's to come up with more rooms which more than likely won''t happen.  I am currently working with two more hotels to try to get contracts for more reduced rooms.  One of these hotels I am currently working with to obtain a new contract just opened this past December and the other one has been opened just a few years so they are both newer properties.  I hate to have people scattered across numerous hotels but due to the contracts most of the hotels have with the military (the National War College is located here) limits the number of rooms any one hotel can give up for car groups.

With us at almost 75 members registered it will not be unheard of to set a goal for 100 members or even 100 First Generation Monte's on the show field from our club alone.  I find it hard to believe this goal will ever be reached again, at least in my lifetime.

Keep talking it up and let's "FILL THE FIELD WITH MONTE'S"

rob

I'm hoping to bring a guest and maybe a new member to our club at this meet. I hope it all works out.........no rain.....no rain....no rain. going to be a sight ot see this many 1st Gen Monte Carlo's.it could be a parade. We'll throw candy!!.post-259-0-61935100-1474727657_thumb.jpg