BB Headers

DragCat

I installed Dougs 313 Ceramic coated headers in my 1972 402/400 with no interference.  Proportional Valve close on driver side but still clearance.  Used existing 350 Motor Mounts I think.  My biggest problem would be getting to that header flange bolt passenger side firewall end as the A/C Box creates a problem accessing that bolt.

Doug

Wow.  I think I will send this passenger side header back to Dougs to get checked on the jig.   They tell me I have to put motor mount stands in from classic industry.  However I believe it will actually make the problem worse. Lifting the motor up is not the not the solution here.  I will post some pics , doug thanks for the response very much helps me with my decision.  

1 hour ago, 70 turquoise said:

Wow.  I think I will send this passenger side header back to Dougs to get checked on the jig.   They tell me I have to put motor mount stands in from classic industry.  However I believe it will actually make the problem worse. Lifting the motor up is not the not the solution here.  I will post some pics , doug thanks for the response very much helps me with my decision.  

35FFA617-2CD7-49E0-840F-3C5AFD894411.jpeg

A7906B0C-CA9F-4BFA-8B66-B5D4ECECC1D6.jpeg

8B6ACE98-2D09-46B3-986B-C486F47CEBAC.jpeg

1 hour ago, snomobeelr said:

I had the same issue with the dougs on the passenger side bb with th-400.  Im gonna go with the ARH over the winter.  I have the Patriot headers on they fit ok, but they hang too low.. .  

This was back in 2010 if I remember correctly that I installed them.  I had the room also on passenger side to install a heat shield around Starter.  Wonder if something had changed with the design...............:doh:

Doug

Ya not crazy about the starter being so close. I was going to wrap the headers.  And put a shield in.  But it’s the Lower a-frame rear mount that is the biggest problem.  If you see the rear shot of the trans you see I’m a good inch from putting the bolts in trans mount.  I could cut the a-arm mount and weld a triangle brace in from the frame and retain strength.  But damn I shouldn’t have to do that.   Doug how far away are you from that a-frame hanger.  And thank both you guys for chiming in.  I’m in a pickle here.  Greg 210-213-2323