Sold my orginal owner SS Monte

Hi all:

After 48 years with my 71 SS I sold it.  It went to a nice home and will be well cared for.  Hopefully the new owner will join this site and report the progress of things he is doing to bring the Monte back to its original glory.   I'm getting up in years and when my wife passed away this year the interest in the car was no longer there.  It needed some tender loving care which I no longer could provide.  I will miss the car but the good news it sold to a family that lives here in town.  I have not been here in a while looks like things have changed on the site.  I may visit once in a while.  As my sign off is always Later RJD

100_3128.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

First off sorry to hear about your wife. I hope you are doing well.

Sorry to hear you have to part with the Monte but I’m glad to hear it has gone to a good home. The new owners are very fortunate to have such a well cared for car.

So sorry for your loss. I recently bought a 71 SS from a gentleman who really loved the car but was not able to drive it as much as he liked. I felt so honored when I got the feeling he was looking for a new home for his Monte and that my family could give it a good home. Again so sorry for the loss of your wife.

Thanks for sharing your story and sorry to hear about your loss.  It is also generous of you to offer such a car so someone else can experience great life events in it, as you have yourself.  I just joined the club since i bought a  regular 1971 Monte about a month ago, but its rather hacked up and i've been working on it non-stop....yours looks amazing  like someone took real good care of it.   I really wanted corvette wheels all around too, just like yours there, i hope the 255/60R15 tires fit on the front of mine.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all that replied I now it went to a good home and I still will be able to see it on occasions as it was sold to a local family who enjoys the finer things in life like a Monte.  Later RJD

• Like 1