A/C hose difference

sendo

Give Old Air Products in Texas at (817)5312665.  Great people to work with and great technical department.  I used them last winter when I restored my AC.

rob

On 11/2/2019 at 10:51 AM, Rob Peters said:

Give Old Air Products in Texas at (817)5312665.  Great people to work with and great technical department.  I used them last winter when I restored my AC.

rob

I went to old air products website and they have the same hose for all monte's, but if you look at chevelle and el camino they have two different hoses for BB and SB. so there must be a difference in hose for a SB Monte and BB Monte too

Rosendo,

I would still call them.  The reason I say that is as I was talking with them with questions on the lines they came up with a number they did not have listed.  They were very knowledgeable.  I also found that their warranty was better than others on the rebuilding of my compressor.  Are you going with R134 or staying with R12.  If going with R134 you should be sure to use "Barrier" lines.

rob

• Like 2

70 was a one year only rear bracket that the PCV valve goes right through the middle. You can use the 70 on up BB hoses, but you have to grind about 1/8 inch off the block that the hoses connect to the compressor with. That will clear the bracket. Originals had a rounded connection.  I found three in my hoard. Two are store bought, one is original but has new hoses crimped on. The big difference between Chevelle and Monte is the discharge hose is around 6 inches longer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy's Auto said:

70 was a one year only rear bracket that the PCV valve goes right through the middle. You can use the 70 on up BB hoses, but you have to grind about 1/8 inch off the block that the hoses connect to the compressor with. That will clear the bracket. Originals had a rounded connection.  I found three in my hoard. Two are store bought, one is original but has new hoses crimped on. The big difference between Chevelle and Monte is the discharge hose is around 6 inches longer. 

Hello Andy,

are you willing to sell one ? the store bought one are they rounded to clear the bracket and do they have the muffler?

thanks, Sendo