New member in Ky... 71 SS

Searsman

I look forward to meeting you and seeing your Monte in Carlisle next June.  You will be one of a large number of members who will be attending their first meet in June.

rob

On 11/14/2019 at 2:31 PM, Rob Peters said:

I look forward to meeting you and seeing your Monte in Carlisle next June.  You will be one of a large number of members who will be attending their first meet in June.

rob

Thank you, same here.. looking forward to meeting Monte people like me and the show itself.. largest show I will have attended. . I go with no other expectations.. it’s a nice car , far from perfect but I have worked hard on it to look and run good.. Gets a new headliner this winter, valve seals after that.. it will be as ready as I can get it...we will need help knowing what and when to do things when we get there.. as the other first timers will too  I expect... thank you again , see u in 7-8 months 👍🏻 Ron...

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 3:25 PM, MC1of80 said:

If I decifered your trim tag correctly, your beautiful SS was born Classic copper-67 , black bucket cloth interior-710, white top-A.  

Thank you for the compliment,, not sure how to read the trim tag yet. Glad you can and did.. I kinda thought it was antique white at first but I wasn’t there :)... it does have buckets but they are not cloth . Suspected they are the original seats withe some type of tough vinyl.. the vinyl top could have been added later I suppose but then again I have no idea.. I like the sound of classic copper 67... I’ll check it out see what it looks like... and thanks for doing the research .. Ron 

On 11/14/2019 at 3:25 PM, MC1of80 said:

If I decifered your trim tag correctly, your beautiful SS was born Classic copper-67 , black bucket cloth interior-710, white top-A.  

Oops! I goofed. So sorry. 710 is black vinyl buckets , NOT cloth. ☹️ 

Code 67 some consider a brown. The 71 402 4speed my brother, son, and I are restoring is classic copper with a white vinyl top with a dark saddle interior (brown) . 

Take a look at the 72 Monte for sale by 714024speed in the for sale section for the interior color.

Again, sorry for the incorrect interior .  

5 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Oops! I goofed. So sorry. 710 is black vinyl buckets , NOT cloth. ☹️ 

Code 67 some consider a brown. The 71 402 4speed my brother, son, and I are restoring is classic copper with a white vinyl top with a dark saddle interior (brown) . 

Take a look at the 72 Monte for sale by 714024speed in the for sale section for the interior color.

Again, sorry for the incorrect interior .  

Ahhh I have a die cast 71 that color I ordered off eBay.. nice.. I’m pretty sure this is the original bucket seats and they are in real good shape.. so I haven’t considered re-covering them with new material.. I like the original vinyl...really appreciate the info... Ron...

23 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

What does the pad behind the alternator have stamped on it? 

The top picture with orange paint is the number stamped on the block behind the alternator... I think that’s the “ pad “ your asking about... 

2 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Ok great. Is there any letters? 

To the left of the 170 is rough. Can’t see any letters there.. to he RT of the numbers is  SS4 then can’t see after the 4.. didn’t want to do any damage to the plate by scraping.. I took this picture about 2016 and put grease over the plate to keep it from rusting further...

• 2 weeks later...

Been to a lot of car shows in ky. ,  for years ,,,,always look for Monties and especially first generation.. from so Ohio at the pumpkin run to so ky sommernights cruise to Louisville at the hot rod nationals to e ky.. can count first gen cars on 2 hands.. saw an SS 71 at good guys  show in Georgetown ky this year... he was from W VA... as the Moody Blues sang in the early70s, “I know your out there somewhere “,, the song leads me to Carlisle PA where there will be more  first generation Monte Carlos at one place at the same time than I could ever imagine...Love my Monte Carlo....

C694A93C-874C-4F3D-AA5A-068D9248978A.jpeg

9FBC236F-DE3D-4B13-9C42-765EF974E2A7.jpeg

00B058F8-5535-415F-B123-AF0B19CFDD77.jpeg

• Like 2