New member in Ky... 71 SS

Searsman

56 minutes ago, ripleydale said:

Here is my Kansas City block stamp. You can see the letters Thomas is talking about. 

2AAE40A3-5111-44C7-8AB7-012446CB9B5E.jpeg

I see, was afraid to scrape further .. is that under alternator or down next to oilfilter? Is that a 71?.. I’ll check it out next time I get under there... once I saw the sn I didn’t look for anything else cause it’s so rough...thanks...

21 minutes ago, Searsman said:

I see, was afraid to scrape further .. is that under alternator or down next to oilfilter? Is that a 71?.. I’ll check it out next time I get under there... once I saw the sn I didn’t look for anything else cause it’s so rough...thanks...

Ok, I see part of the water pump on your picture, the letters you mentioned are to the left of the vin serial number.. now I know where to look, thank you sir. 👍🏻

Ummmmm, errrrrr, ughhhhhh, correct me if I am wrong but isn't the 71 SS 454  Monte Carlo engine suffix CPA? Not CPD? CPD, from what I see is used for 71-72 454s but not in the Monte. 

The 11KT....... Is the partial Vin from the vehicle that donated it's 454. Yes? 

T0104CPD=. Tonowanda plant, January, 4th 

Yeah that Block has been restamped, that is not the correct Font in letters and correct spacing that we used at GM. Bad enough to tell its a restamp but could be someones attempt at restamping an original block that happened to have been decked before they asked for the machining to be tilted on the end run so the factory stamp remains....

Darren

I have the same block from Kansas City. It has the same font, and I've seen others just like it. The first part of the stamping was done at the Tonowanda engine plant. The second stamp was done at the assembly plant and it's not unusual for the Kansas City plant to stamp theirs "upside down". The Tonawanda stamp on mine was struck twice. 

Dan

20191208_193351.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 9:03 PM, MC1of80 said:

Ok great. Is there any letters? 

I finally have more info on the letters on the block you ask about.. hope to share that with you at the Carlisle meet in June... thanks ....