power widows harness routing

sendo

The Rear Power Window Harness routed thru that ribbon under the carpet to the rear & then across to respective side.  Pic shows the ribbon with arrow but not the Harness installed.  Someone will likely provide a more specific pic but I think you have the idea.  :)

Doug 

100_4196.JPG

100_4205.JPG

• Like 1

Sendo, 

One of the photos below shows the installed harness for the rear passenger side power window.  You can see where the washer-like mounting tabs attached to the inner sidewall and also where the lead that goes to the power regulator goes through a new hole with a grommet around the edge at the bottom of the sidewall.  If your Monte originally had manual regulators, you will probably have to cut/drill that lower hole as shown in a series of photos below.  Of course, you will also have to drill two new mounting holes (in the dimples provided) to mount your power regulators.  Not sure if all of that is clear from these photos so let me know if you have any questions. Good luck with the install.

636.JPG

630.JPG

631.JPG

632.JPG

633.JPG

634.JPG

• Like 1

Sendo,

The harness runs from each sidewall out through the cutout in the lower trim bolster, across the floor (under the rear seat cushion) and merge into a long multi-wire bundle that runs forward under the rear carpet section and then under the front carpet section, exiting at the fire wall and continuing up to connect with the front harness under the dash.  The photos below show the rear harness on the floor ready to be threaded under the carpet sections.  After unbolting the front seat belt retractor, the rear carpet section was easy to just lift and pull the wires up along the transmission tunnel on the driver's side but the front carpet section was held in place by the console so I used a broken shovel handle to push the connector (taped onto the broken end of the handle) with the rest of the wire underneath the front carpet section along the transmission tunnel, coming out at the firewall.  Then, just pull the harness straight under the carpet and feed the connector up to mate with the front harness.  I hope you can see from the photos below how I did this, although there are probably other ways to do it.

640.JPG

639.JPG

641.JPG

644.JPG

645.JPG

646.JPG

647.JPG

648.JPG

649.JPG

• Like 1

that is very tricky but not that hard once you figure it out. It only took me three days to figure it out. I got frustrated and walked away from it many times before it almost fell in.

Sendo,

The only way I could get the rear power regulator in place was to adjust the arm into different positions as I inserted the assembly through the small opening in the sidewall.  I placed a 12V battery on the rear floor and used long test leads to engage the connector tangs on the rear of the regulator motor.   By moving the arm slowly from one position to another (by just tapping the test lead to the positive tang with the negative lead connected to the frame of the regulator) I was able to get the assembly inside the opening and then adjust the arm to position the assembly over the four mounting screws.  Be sure you drill the two lower mounting screw holes before you attempt to install the regulator. 

Don't know if the following photos will help but they might give you some ideas.  Good luck.

617.JPG

612.JPG

618.JPG

619.JPG

Edited by MCfan
clarification of 12V lead connection points
  • Like 1

One thing to mention on the motors. They are not reverse polarity motors like most later model lifts. You ground the housing and apply power to one terminal or the other. Ask me how I know. Those motors burn up quick. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andy's Auto said:

One thing to mention on the motors. They are not reverse polarity motors like most later model lifts. You ground the housing and apply power to one terminal or the other. Ask me how I know. Those motors burn up quick. 

Yes, that is an extremely important point.  The frame of the regulator assembly is the ground (as shown in the photo below).  Touching the positive lead to one connector tang on the motor moves the arm one way.  Touching the positive lead to the other tang moves it the other way.  Sorry I didn't make that clear earlier.

579.JPG

• Like 1