Not Monte specific...

MC1of80

Hello all. 

This is a post for those of you who have full size GM 1500 series trucks and the G80 "gov lock" posi unit. 

It has been installed in the GM light duty truck rears 8.5/8.625 since the mid 70s and GM still uses this, for better lack of a word, junky unit. 

I have a 2010 GMC Sierra that is my daily driver and tow vehicle. For the better half of 2 weeks the rear has been "locked" , like a spool for no reason. 

Knowing these rear carrier units well, I decided to purchase a Detroit truetrac unit and new carrier bearings. I personally love the truetrac unit having installed many and having one in my 70 SS that has been beaten hard and is taking all the abuse I can throw at it. 

Well, take a look at the pics of the original "gov lock" . Just a heads up for those who do not know.... 

IMG_20191108_132017.jpg

IMG_20191108_132034.jpg

IMG_20191108_141730.jpg

IMG_20191108_141800.jpg

IMG_1661.JPG

Thanks! It's a special anniversary edition/color. Laser blue. Supposedly, not many 2010 Sierra's and Silverados were built with this color. There is a blue that's similar but it's blue. The laser blue does a flip flop. My son and brother call it blurple. Sometimes it looks blue other times purple. Lolol

Glad you got her done Tom. Don't beat her to much you have plenty of miles to go and tons of M/C's to save. Nice job on getting her done so fast. And yes i also like the color blurple. LOL