ignition coil wires

sendo

hello,

going to start putting  my car back together, wish I would have took pictures because its been a while. So when I went to put the brown tech wire back on the coil I found three other wires there, one from the distributor and two others that are tape into the harness.

does four wires on the negative side of the coil sounds right? don't  want to tear up the harness to trace wires if i don't have to.

the car has points if that matter

thanks, Sendo

4 minutes ago, Rancid87 said:

Do you have a coil capacitor on your coil bracket? That wire would go to the + side  along with the resistance wire from the harness(probably crimped to a yellow wire).

yes i have that its on the positive side, trying to figure out the negative side

Here is a pic of my factory coil and wires from my 71 402 "barn find"

2 wires to the negative- the distributor and tach. 3 to the positive- 2 into one connector to the harness and one to the capacitor.

IMG_20190831_120034.jpg

• Like 1

okay so i traced the two wires, 1 went to the R on the starter, don't make sense supposed to go to the positive, I didn't loosen the positive side when I took it apart so i know it was not hooked up to  the positive side, car started and ran good before I took it apart, does that wire really matter? wire 2 went to the TSC not sure if it was connected to the negative side of the coil but it in the area with a fork so I assume it was connected there, looking at the diagram it connects to something I cant figure out in the red circle.

thanks for all the help, Sendo

Inkedwd_LI.jpg

tcs.jpg

The car would still run if the 12 volt starting, resistance wire, and capacitor were connected to the negative and the distributor wire was connected to the positive. It probably just wouldn't run as good as it does when connected the way it was designed.

Is your car not starting now?

59 minutes ago, Rancid87 said:

The car would still run if the 12 volt starting, resistance wire, and capacitor were connected to the negative and the distributor wire was connected to the positive. It probably just wouldn't run as good as it does when connected the way it was designed.

Is your car not starting now?

No car is still apart, the only wire that look like was wrong is the R from the starter, the distributor was connected to negative and was the tach, the positive has a black wire and the condenser 

I double checked my car, and sorry, I only have two wires. One from the distributor and one from the tach. My car had the points removed and a perontix unit put in. Again sorry, I was going from memory and it's not that good anymore.