George Lines

wallaby

I just noticed that tonight (11-19) on the list of "top posters" George Lines is at the bottom of the list; pretty soon his place will move downward off of that little screen. I find it amazing that his name is still here showing his activity even three years after his passing. He was a great guy and I'm feeling sad right now.

I don't know how many of the members here remember George, but he was something different....a really great guy.

I don't remember him, but have heard nothing but good things...

Speaking of the top posters, What happend to Pete??

He was #1, and I hadn't seen him here in a long time.

Yes, I remember George and I also miss him. He helped so many people on the boards and because of all of the good information he provided, whe the moderators were deleteing posts they were told to steer away from deleting the helpful posts from him.

Regarding Pete, due to personal reasons he has removed himself from the board.

Rob

Who is the next highest poster under George? Maybe we can ask that person not to post so much wink so George stays on the list smile

I wish I had been here during his active time with the club.

I remember seeing his post, as I had just found out about the club not long before his passing

I have heard nothing but good as well

Definitely will be missed

also to bad to hear about Pete...I hope he will return one day.

Ray

Guest knightfan2691

*nods*

I thought about that, too, wallaby....

Wonder if we can find a way to keep his name on that list permanently...? Just a thought, anyway....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Nothing lasts forever" ... Guns N Roses ... 'November Rain'

George passed only a day before we were supposed to meet in 2004. I was looking forward to meeting him since he was such a fixture in the club and seemed like a great guy.

After he passed, it seemed fitting that we honor him in some way. I added the "we miss you George" to the to of the message board page since he offered so much great advice here. In addition, Mark was able to get some photos of his Monte and we put together a nice tribute for the October 2004 Monte of the Month (the link Lloyd posted above).

WE MISS YOU GEORGE

Guest XXXXXXX

He was here when I first started reading the forum. Then my job took me out to sea and sometimes out of the Country. By the time I got back and started visiting again he had left us. Sad. So very very sad that the good so often die young.