PO'ed at Facebook

Rob Peters

Someone posted a picture on facebook of a converted convertible First Gen Monte and asked if Chevrolet made a mistake by not making them.  Someone commented that it is their understanding that they did make a couple for corporate big wigs.  I posted the following and facebook notified me that they have pulled my comment because it was reported a spam, untrue, posted to get likes or some other stupid reasons for pulling a post.  I did not post anything untrue so I am not sure why my comment was pulled.   Here is what I responded:

"False. This is just not true. There have been several people who have said they saw one or know a person who owns one but when asked to have that person contact us at the First Generation Monte Carlo Club( fgmcc.com ) so we can authenticate it and all we hear is that they will tell the person. Trust me, if were produced the owner would be more than willing to come forward with documented proof or at least ask us to make an attempt to document it. It is like people who say they know someone that has a rare corporate SS 454 4-speed first gen Monte.... never happened"

rob

• Like 1

I guess my point is, there is absolutely nothing in my post that is spam, argumentative, untrue, confrontational, bullying or anything else, so why pull it?

rob

4 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I guess my point is, there is absolutely nothing in my post that is spam, argumentative, untrue, confrontational, bullying or anything else, so why pull it?

rob

Because they can!!! we live in a time where if someone is offended and puts something on social media than it can be pulled off whit the push of a button. I actually thought about copy and pasting it right back on to that post just for s&g to see what would happen.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Because they can!!! we live in a time where if someone is offended and puts something on social media than it can be pulled off whit the push of a button. I actually thought about copy and pasting it right back on to that post just for s&g to see what would happen.

Please do Steve, and everyone else please feel free.  Again, I see nothing wrong with what I posted.

rob

It is in Facebook.  Search for First Generation Monte Carlo's (1970 to 1972)

Here is a screen shot.  I see Steve has already copied what I posted and pasted it and as yet it has not been removed.

rob

Screenshot_20191120-155832.jpg