Polyurethane Motor Mounts ?

DragCat

Has anyone upgraded their standard rubber mounts to polyurethane? Thoughts ? I ordered a set of poly's for the new crate but have been told that you may feel a little more vibration than with the standard old rubber ones. Even the manufacturers website video says to expect a different feel. 

My car came with them already installed. Hard to say, I didn't really drive it much, but with the lopey cam in the original motor, it didn't seem to be an issue. You may want to consider the trans mount too, to keep everything even. I plan to re-use all 3 mounts with the LS6 motor.

Thanks Joe, I usually overthink things 😲 so I don't know why I didnt think of the trans mount. On another note thanks for previously linking the Hemmings surgery without scars articles. There was a ton of useful info in those articles and gave me a good start to getting my crate project going. 

• Like 1

I'm still going back thru those articles quite frequently as I'm going forward with some assembly now. They just had a new article last month I think. Sounds like they're getting close to actually firing up the car to see if that stuff is actually going to work. It better, Iol, or I bought an expensive transmission for nothing. That article (part 11) isn't online yet, too new. If it doesn't show up soon, I'll scan it & email it to you.

• Like 1

I found these mounts from Chris Alston chassisworks. A bit expensive, but well worth it. Knowing I will never break another motor mount with my 496! I highly recommend these mounts. 

IMG_1851.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks Joe, i'm still in dis-assembly phase😯 I hope to be ready to pull the old 454 out this weekend if all the stars align. 

Those do look sturdy Tom, any mods to install them? I had ordered a stock replacement set before ordering the polyurethane set with the crate. I'm not going to check the price unless I need to 😆

The only mod, if you will, is the left side frame mount has to be used on the right side and vise versa. One hole on each mount needs to be drilled if you want to use all 4 mounting holes. Other than that, ez pz. Lol