Engine paint

FrankOC

I remember my 71 engine was a much Redder orange than older Chevy engines. About that time they started to remove the lead form paint and the new color may be a result of that.

I worked at E.I. DuPont Automotive finishes in Michigan (in the 80's) and was able to mix my paint and I used the older formula and it was, is way more orange but I like it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I got this stuff. Made in Germany, only Eastwood has it. Two part epoxy paint, ya press a button in the bottom to release the curing agent. Supposedly bullet proof. I'm tired of always having to touch up spots on the engine regular paint won't stay on.

A little costly though, the two cans were $65 delivered. Once mixed, they can be sprayed for like 30 hours.

primer.jpg

6 hours ago, Jared Richey said:

Duplicolor 

CHEVROLET ORANGE

not Chev Orange or Red Orange.

That's what I used this time. It's a little darker than the stuff that was on there from years ago (unknown what it was, spray cans long gone).

Goes on nice though, covers good, nice gloss.

I searched around and that seemed to be the most popular with the Chevelle and Camaro crowd.