Headlights/bulb options

DeathSlinger00

What are you guys using for aftermarket headlights / bulbs / etc that look stock, but offer a drastic improvement in light output. There’s a lot of stuff out there, but I don’t want to waste my time/money on garbage. 

thanks!

In my opinion, the cheapest, fastest way to improve all of your lights in your car is to switch to a 105amp alternator. It is a fairly easy job and will improve everything from your headlights to your instrument panel lights. Everything will work the same as stock, just brighter. Your battery will also last longer and crank the engine much faster.

If after doing that you are still looking for brighter lights you can look at halogen or LED bulbs.

Good luck!!

Mike

I started looking yesterday and noticed the Hella has some 7" conversion lights that are supposed to be a bolt in solution. More looking offers a couple of different light standards, European (ECE) and SAE/DOT. Some of the research suggested the ECE was for cars that drive on the 'wrong' side of the road. I called Hella this morning, and they said if you are US based and driving on the road, absolutely get the SAE/DOT spec lights. These would be the ones to get it appears. Summit, Amazon, etc show them as available.

7" Round Conversion Headlamp, High/Low Beam (SAE/DOT) 002395301

http://www.myhellalights.com/index.php/products/auxiliary-lamps/sealed-beam-conversion-headlamps/vision-plus-7in-conversion-headlamp/

Looking around though, opinions vary on which is better at night, seems the ECE puts more light on the road?