Remind Me........

Rob Peters

Remind me to never do what I did today, especially just 5 days before Christmas......

Today I opted to save extra trips to a see a doctor by accepting a Flu Shot, Pneumonia Shot and Shingles on the same visit.  They did advise me that since the Shingles injection would more than likely create a very sore arm, they advised I receive that in my left (non dominant arm) so I got it in my left are and I go the Flu and Pneumonia injections in my right arm.  You may say I screwed up and you would more than likely be right.  

I have never had any reaction to a flu shot and from past experience and information I have read, people who think they got the flu from a flu shot more than likely already had the flu.  

Anyway, I really don't have any flu symptoms but I have developed a very big headache, both arms are very sore and on top of that a low grade fever.  I looked up (internet self diagnosed) and found these three symptoms are very much related to the Pneumonia and Singles injections.   These symptoms should be gone before Christmas but I may suffer these last few days leading up to it. 

Another symptom is irritability so b e  very careful not to Tick Me Off or your risk the Wrath of Rob.

rob

Hope you feel better by Christmas, that would suck to be sick at that time.

I've had the flu shot and got sick some years, other years it was OK. Haven't had it the last few years, was on nights when they were giving them out at work.

25 minutes ago, bob 71 said:

get well soon never had flu or pneumonia shot had 1st shingles shot left shoulder non dominate couldn't sleep on left side 4 days felt worse than rotator cuf surgery

Bob,

I got the shingles in my non-dominant left arm because they  said it would hurt the most.  That one is fine.  They did the flu and pneumonia in my right and it is the pneumonia that is so sore.  It is still swollen and I can barely lift my arm.  Besides swelling, other side effects are fever, headaches and the runs, lucky for me I got all of the symptoms.   

But, as they say this too shall pass.  I have never had a reaction to any of the flu shots i have had through the years and i have had many.  I know some people experience mild symptoms but if someone gets the flu right after getting a flu shot it is thought they had already been exposed to the flu bug.

Rob

8 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Bob,

I got the shingles in my non-dominant left arm because they  said it would hurt the most.  That one is fine.  They did the flu and pneumonia in my right and it is the pneumonia that is so sore.  It is still swollen and I can barely lift my arm.  Besides swelling, other side effects are fever, headaches and the runs, lucky for me I got all of the symptoms.   

But, as they say this too shall pass.  I have never had a reaction to any of the flu shots i have had through the years and i have had many.  I know some people experience mild symptoms but if someone gets the flu right after getting a flu shot it is thought they had already been exposed to the flu bug.

Rob

Maybe it is the combination of the juices they shot you up with

My right arm is still sore from the Pneumonia shot but it is better than yesterday.  I take aspirin to help me sleep but I suspect by tomorrow or Tuesday I will be much better.  Still a slight fever but also better than yesterday.

rob

• Like 2