72encore

1972 monte carlo base. I replaced my sending unit and sent the gauge out to be repaired.  My gauge falls to a 6 0clock position when the switch is off to whichever side it is registering when turned off. The gauge reads only 3/4 tank when full and goes down past 9 0clock position when it is low.  I have never run it out.  I don't recall a resistor in mine that others  mentioned in some posts at the back of the gauge.  Does anyone have a suggestion and if it is a "resistor" issue does it have to be mounted to the gauge or can it be anywhere in the sending wire?

Some mentioned with the Sending Unit it is not just like factory originals and when replacing, the sending unit arm has required adjustment as it was rubbing against the Unit Body hanging it up, if I'm remembering correctly.  Repositioning the arm to clear the body seemed to have resolved it.  Not sure if you are having same problem...................

Doug