We hope you like what you see here and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member of the club.  Like others have said, we love pictures.  When I was in the Air Force many years ago 1968 to 1972 I was stationed not far from you at Blytheville Air Force Base.  Drove through the old base a few years ago and it is sad to see the condition of the buildings.

rob

Rob, I love this place do far. Lots of information and great members.  I do plan on becoming a member as soon as possible.  I haven't driven by the old air force base in probably 7 or 8 years, but last time I went by it looked like the farmers had taken over.  Everything that wasn't asphalt is now cotton and soybeans.

Mike, or Michael, whichever you prefer.  Yes, my wife and I met up with one of my old roommates at the old air base.  The barracks we lived in had been replaced but that one and many of the others had the roof's caving in.  We did notice that much of the empty spaces has been claimed for farming but when we were there it wasn't cotton or soybeans, it was something that looked a little bit like corn but it did not get as tall.

The old auto repair shop that many of us spent a good bit of time in was still there and in decent shape.  It was sad to see much of the base housing with roofs that were caving in but some of it looks like it had been converted into senior citizen housing which was nicely kept

I remember there was a place not far north of the base,, across the line into Missouri where we would go at night to see what people called "The Light".  It was in the middle of nowhere around a farmers field and if the conditions were just right some people would see this "Light" float out of the field and float around.  Many people claimed they saw it but I have my doubts and adult beverages may have been involved with the ones who saw the "Light"

rob

3 minutes ago, Miikkeewheel said:

She's not too good looking at the moment. I'm in the process of cleaning the shop out so I'll actually have room to get back to work. 

20200101_202943.jpg

Looks like a great start.  Keep plugging away and feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

rob

I think you're talking about the good old Arbyrd light. I went out there plenty of times in high school and after (probably between 2002 and 2009 or so) and I never saw anything. You're probably right about the adult beverages.

Michael 

Welcome! I lived in Memphis for about 15 years. I sold my first 70 MC there, wish I would've kept it.... I have a 3 bay garage, one bay is full of STUFF, one bay has a project Chevy truck and looks worse than yours; and the other has my 2nd 70 MC in it but get's moved in and out as needed.