Sign in to follow this  
imr

lucky ebay find

I was looking for a front USA-1 tag. most were out of mybprice range and i didnt like the repros. So i found this tag on ebay and it was ugly and described as stained and not sure from what. I bought it $74. to me it looked like it had plastic coating on it. i tried several products on the back side until i was comfortable with cleaning it. Xylene removed most of it and then wax cleaner, and wax. i was left me with a plate worthy to show that i believe is correct for the car. What do you guys think.

20200113_110532.jpg

20200113_115837.jpg

Very Nice Antoine.  That thing really cleaned up nicely.

rob

Looks great, good score!

Looks nice Antoine ! Good colors for your Monte, gotta luv being in FL with that free license plate bracket in front for something a little classy 

57 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Looks nice Antoine ! Good colors for your Monte, gotta luv being in FL with that free license plate bracket in front for something a little classy 

Thanks Mark. I do love the front tag and the availabilty of it. 

You did an amazing job "restoring" that plate, Antoine!!  I had no idea those were so valuable. 

BTW, I seem to remember that you had a lot of work done to the exterior of your unusual SS before you even picked it up. Are you satisfied with the paint job and other improvements?  Are you just working on small improvements now or what is the status of your Monte?

Thank you Dennis. the Monte has been painted i happy its done but not completely satisfied. I just see things i would have fixed had i been the painter  or body person. i have some seal work to do still a lot of cleaning. I need wheel wells and would like to rechrome the bumpers. Car runs great so far. I am taking baby steps and i have to be ready for Carlisle. I also will have the car in the Lakeland show in February. 

Dennis will you be at the lakeland show in february

Nice job Antoine!!!! I never seen that plate in those colors, also didn't think they were that costly.  Good Job!!!

27 minutes ago, cbolt said:

Tell me about the Lakeland show in Feb please

https://www.carlisleevents.com/events/events-detail/index?id=winter+autofest+lakeland

I will be showing my car at this show. I was selected  for the 50th anniversary celebration. It will be show cased. this is an all new experience.

I looked it up. Seems pretty cool. I don't know if I will make the drive over or not, but I just might. I have to solve my A/C switch issue first.

4 hours ago, cbolt said:

I looked it up. Seems pretty cool. I don't know if I will make the drive over or not, but I just might. I have to solve my A/C switch issue first.

Get er done and head west. will be my first show

Fixed it yesterday. Turns out I had a bad high speed relay. Lucky for me I had one on hand.

good deal. i have an ac problem also. ac compressor comes on but no blower. i havent even started to check it yet. 

No blower at all? Its fairly easy to look for voltage at the resistor pack or the high speed blower relay. Something tells me you are either going to have a blown fuse, faulty switch, or faulty blower motor. Has it ever worked? Normally if you have voltage at the resistors and relay the culprit will be your blower motor. If no voltage it will be either a fuse or the switch itself. I have a spare switch, just like I had a spare relay, for emergencies like that. I simply cannot do without A/C in Florida.

yeah i hear you about the ac. i havent looked, but they are fairly simple systems. I will check it during my off time sun/mon.