seat belt codes

I am trying to find out what seatbelts go in my 72 with black interior. I have some that state 72 and some state 70. They both have black buckles not chrome.

According to my build sheet it states (AV3 3 point seat belt) and in box "65,66,67" it states 1283,and 1282. What does this mean?????

I cant find any info on this.

Thanks

Hey Willie if your car has the standard black belts they are different in 72 even the buckles look different than earlier years.They are known as the exploding belts lol the buckles would come apart.wish I could get better pictures but I sold the car.sorry

KIMG0903.JPG

Hey Kevin, yes that's what i have in the car (or whats left of them, not a complete set) but they are in very bad shape. However half of them say 72 and other half say 70. So i know some were changed at some point.

My problem is i want to make sure i am going to buy the correct set for the car. And i don't know how to tell the difference between the ones you show, to the chrome ones, as per the build sheet.

Thanks

That's what i have in your 2nd pic, AV3 3 point seat belt.  Also i have in box 66 a dash like yours but in box 67 i have code (1282). So yes i should have standard belts.  Now i have to find a complete set of standard belts.

Thanks for the help Kevin

This is what i haveIMG_1432.JPG.bf78bbea2bcf7ecfa74b6c434b70fb52.JPG

The 4 in the back on left are marked 70 and the rest are all marked 72. It looks to me that the one in front already exploded. lol

IMG_1435.JPG.aa9703b2599d5b4221fa49519ea32108.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG.ef013b9a4135faaa1730b217d43efba1.JPG

Time for new set!!!

After looking at this picture you posted I now remember this style of "3 Point" safety belts. I had forgotten all about them because I never owner a car with them! I don't remember if the "shoulder" belt tightened automatically or if you still needed to adjust then. Cool!

I have a 71 and changed it to the MORRIS 3 Point system.

72 3 point belt pic.JPG

Thanks Guys for all your help. I know have to decide where to look for a set. From what I see on ebay they are asking crazy money.    Wonder if its legal by Not reinstalling them. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kevin on the 72 that you pic above, what did that car have for the shoulder belt mount on the headliner? Did it have the black sleeve or did it have chrome wire type?

Thanks Kevin, that's what I thought, But on one of my parts cars, that is a 72 it has the large belt buckles not the small buckles that I need, and it has the chrome wire type shoulder holders.

Thanks Again