1970 Monte rebuild

I was just gonna do a motor swap on my 1970 monte carlo,  when i realized that the body mounts and frame needed repair,   so I pulled the body off and started rebuilding the rusted out sections of the body.   I don't have the room to have the body and frame separate/next to each other so i have to just have the body lifted off the frame on blocks.  I am using a flux core welder.  it's kinda a big  task trying to fix the rust,  with not much solid metal to weld too, but it's coming along ,   the driver side floor pan i grinded out the rust and made plugs and patch panels out of a left over rocker panel i had laying around.      the actual body mounts i haven't figured out yet ,  I don't see much for sale for body mount repair panels, so i guess i gotta build my own,   the trunk pan wasn't attached to the wheel well and i didn't think i was gonna be able to line it up, but i found a spot that the metal was close where it was rusted/broken and was able to line it up and start patching and welding it there , I don't plan on making a perfect show car, but don't wanna do a hack-job ether,  I would like to drive the car next summer (not worried about a paint job or anything like that)  here are some pictures of where its at as of today.        ,  50900709_montecarlo004.thumb.JPG.df60518b499e1d4796571037421e2e0c.JPG

montecarlo 001.JPG

montecarlo 005.JPG

montecarlo 006.JPG

montecarlo 007.JPG

montecarlo 008.JPG

montecarlo 009.JPG

montecarlo 010.JPG

montecarlo 011.JPG

montecarlo 012.JPG

montecarlo 013.JPG

montecarlo 018.JPG

montecarlo 014.JPG

montecarlo 015.JPG

montecarlo 016.JPG

montecarlo 017.JPG

montecarlo 020.JPG

montecarlo 019.JPG

montecarlo 021.JPG

Good luck in your build.  When things like this happen when you just want to do one thing to your project. Then notice other things that need attention.  It's called "The Snowball Effect"

Keep those pictures coming. 

You are on the right path. One patch at a time! I'd recommend upgrading to some solid mig wire with shielding gas if you can. It will make welding some of that thin sheet metal a little easier.

Should be pretty cool with the LS motor in it!

On the frame I would sure put some reinforcements on the inner and outer where the cracks are. Just a butt weld does not make it strong enough to withstand the stress of flexing as you go dawn the road. Plus where the body mounts are rusted on the frame you can use large washers to makes the holes strong again.