rear suspension mods

I'm curious- at what point does the MC need rear suspension mods for drag racing, and what are some must-do changes? I was surprised I pulled a 1.72 60' with a completely stock rear suspension. If I throw some N20 at it, I can't image the stock suspension will continue to "work". I'm used to leaf-spring cars that need slapper bars with any sort of power.

Guest Phils72

If you change your upper and lower control arms to the boxed type,it will help alot with wheel hop. also adding a rear sway bar helps to stiffen up things alot.

Forget the boxed stockers and go with aftermarket arms that have adjustable uppers. I use Metco Billet aluminum arms and love them. There are others like Hotchkis that are cheaper and work well. Can't beat adjustability.

Greg we need to race in the spring , track ??? norwalk ohio , or pa meet , i bet my junk just might surprise you j/k , well maybe honestly what would i have to loose

Leo

Leo, you have to remember I've seen your so called junk and the junk part just aint true. If I have a new tranny by then I say let's "Get'r Done". Maybe by then I'll actually have been on a track more than once in my lifetime. You definitely have a big edge if you bring the pro-street car. Finally signs of life in here. I was getting bored.

Leo's feelin' onery today!

I have South Side Machine lowers and the same Edelbrock adjustable uppers as Sam and was very impressed with the quality and the type of joint they used, not a typical rod end.

no not onery , i just know that the stock heavy duty f41 stuff can take a hell of a beating , going fast cheap can be done and safe , ok a little onery i dont chill until at least 5 pm , and Sam i care who wins i am very competative and love every minute of it j/k

all in fun

Leo

Greg we need to race in the spring , track ??? norwalk ohio , or pa meet

My neck of the woods...count me in if it ever happens... cool

Bill

SAM quit blowing kisses and get to work on your car , or i will drag you behind me with a rope and still give greg a run for his money

amen

Leo

Steve,

I run air bags and relocation brackets on the lower control arms. I preload the right side with 18 psi on the right and 0 on the left. Helps the car leave straight and helps with traction and planting the r/r tire. See pic link below;

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/dbreese_2007/DWmontelunch1.jpg

David