rear suspension mods

with your engine, you will have tire spin issues unless you consider some drag radials

I find it easier to hook with a softer suspension, your 454 is going to shred the tires anyway, launch at half throttle and ease into it while your competitor is spinning grin

spinning isn't winning

when I had street tires on mine, it was useless to race, I just spun frown

Oopps....lol. That's what I meant.....so does that work for the street too? Or will it create more tire spin?

Steve

I used them on my camaro and occasionally drove them on the street with 0 pressure on the left (although they say do not go lower than 5 lbs so the bladder doesn't get pinched) and like 15 on the right. I really can't remember the car riding that bad with them in that setting, I needed them more for wheel hop and obtained a bit of traction with them also. But I was now ready for that unexpected encounter at a stoplight... grin

Bill

On the street with only the minimum required 5lbs they stink. It's a bouncy ride as far as the body goes. It's kind of weird in that while the chassis is planted on the ground the rear of the body bounces some.

ok, first off, I say we get leo and greg on an episode of Pinks! so they can talk smack on national TV smile

and sometimes wheel spin just takes a little tact while driving... I have major wheel spin problems with my car from the ancient tires that are just too small!! 215/65-15's I think.. firestone firehawks.. even with a brand-new posi unit in the back, I can just romp it to the floor... i have to roll into the throttle steadily so I don't hit the tires with the secondaries until I'm rolling smile

Tim you know i am itching for a race , i have all the advantage low dollar car even if i loose i have nothing to feel bad about , that is the real beauty of a fast low dollar car

Leo