Oil filters

Is a fram ph5 the same as a old ph13. I didn't see any 13s at wally world and was wondering if this has replaced it. The montes call for a 30 but I always used a 13 on them. Thanks, Danny

Is a fram ph5 the same as a old ph13. I didn't see any 13s at wally world and was wondering if this has replaced it. The montes call for a 30 but I always used a 13 on them. Thanks, Danny

Danny,

I've always used a ph13 myself as I understand it a ph30/1/2qt,ph13/1qt.As far as ph5 I dont know if the application is correct check this link . LINK

"Anti-drain back" is a wonderful feature that is particularly needed on Buick V8's. What this does is to not allow the oil to drain back out of the oil filter due to a one way valve. Since the Chevy oil filter is vertical, not such a big deal. On Buicks the oil filter is parallel to the ground. It is very easy for the oil to drain back into the pan. When you start the car, the first place the oil heads to is the filter. Many times a Buick will rattle until is gets oil pressure since the filter must be filled with oil to initiate the oil pressure.

Technically you could set up a "syphon" situation in a Chevy V8 that could empty the oil filter. The valve would prevent that from occuring.