Full Monte

New Member - Just Acquired Custom - "The Full Monte"

Absolutely Beautiful !!!

You should bring it to Carlisle .

This car should be in building T on display !!!

Not something that you would want to park outside in the grass

WOW! this is fantastic, great workmanship and quality.

Jim Welcome to the club!!!!!!   She is beautiful!!!!!  Your friend did an outstanding job!!!

42 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Mike that one should be in the building next to yours.

Thanks Steve,  Not anymore !!

I will be outside in the beautiful Sunlight with all my First Gen Family 😎

Absolutely top quality work there, very nice!

Amazing,  Beautiful, Unbelieveable,  Gorgeous.....there are not enough adjectives to describe that car.  I agree, it should be featured in building T in Carlisle, Pa in June at the Chevrolet Nationals

rob

Thanks for all the kind words. I've been hard at work getting her cleaned back up. We hope to be at the Omaha World of Wheels March 13-15 with The Full Monte. Sorry but due to other commitments I will not be able to make the Nationals. Regards all.

Incredible!!!  That has to be the finest full custom Monte I've ever seen!! Congratulations!

Spectacular car!!! Id love to see it in person, as Im sure pictures dont do it justice, but that is one fine custom there! 

Love it

On 1/30/2020 at 9:15 AM, Michael Boyte said:

Thanks Steve,  Not anymore !!

I will be outside in the beautiful Sunlight with all my First Gen Family 😎

Love that you feel this way Mike!! Looking forward to seeing you both again

BTW, in case you didn't notice the car has teal colored ghost flames on the front end and on the underbody and underside of inner fenderwells. Most pictures/images just don't pick them up well. They do show up in a couple of these pics if you look closely. It's also the reason for the teal colored rear end lube.

Who makes that cross-ram intake manifold for the four Webers?  Has the engine been seriously modified in other ways?

I sure do hope the Syracuse Nat'ls is on the list of shows for this Monte!! BEA-Utiful Monte Carlo. I can't stop looking at all the mods done to it. This show (Nat'ls) is just the top on car show lists. If it was ever in a magazine shoot, it will be there. And the cars, over 8,500 on the grounds ,soon to approach 10,000 cars. Like I said ,one beautiful Monte Carlo!! Welcome to the Club!!post-259-0-93319100-1480263543_thumb.jpg

10 hours ago, MCfan said:

Who makes that cross-ram intake manifold for the four Webers?  Has the engine been seriously modified in other ways?

Moon manifold. Engine not "seriously" modified. Pretty typical small block build: mild hydraulic cam, 3 angle valve job, hardened seats, balanced, Vertex mag, etc. Yes, it's over carbureted but IMO for a show car it doesn't get much better than side draft Webers.

Here's a close up of the rear lower control arms that were machined from some fluted aluminum stock. A "show only" drive shaft was also made from the same material that I need to re-install for the show season.

F9YGZ04h.jpg

Vg3fuJWh.jpg