Trunk Floor Crossrail

mrbigg

Anyone know where this piece fits? Been searching the part number and can’t find pics. 
Pulled the rear bumper off and there a lot of rust. 
The lower bumper bracket mounts are gone. 

https://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/product/chevrolet-monte-carlo-trunk-floor-crossrail/57861

I found this in the interactive catalog. “Mounts  morning in the back by the rear body panel”
Hopefully it’s the piece that the bumper mounts to and where the two rear body mounts bolt up. 
wish they had a pic. 

24830615-0340-4D7F-BF5A-23A0653451B4.png

Cool. I’ll get pics of my rotted one tomorrow. 
Here’s a Chevelle part. The square nuts in the center face the same way as the monte, but the outer one are off. 

https://www.opgi.com/sheet-metal-body-panels/body-trunk-braces/1964-72-chevelle-rear-body-cross-rail-braces/crossrail-rear-body-1970-72-chevelle-ch27804.html

Might be worth a call to the Parts Place to see if they can send you a picture of their piece. At least you won't get a big surprise if the wrong part arrives at your door.

Just got off the phone. Bad news. 
It is a chevelle part that’ll need to be modified. 
The bumper mounts are different. 
might just have to fab it up. I’ll get new body mounts first. 
The Parts Place is only an hour away from me    so I might cut that part out and run it up there to compare it. 

Sounds like a bit of mis-advertising there....maybe that's why there's no picture on the website. :grin: 

Guessing it'll be comparable to the one OPGI had listed for the 70-72 Chevelle then?

EDIT: Just did some searching, seems like the one for a 69 Chevelle is a better match to ours than the one they have for the 70-72. You may be able to use at least parts of it compared to the later one? If you take the trip, maybe see if the Parts Place has one for a 69 in stock too.

https://www.opgi.com/sheet-metal-body-panels/body-trunk-braces/1964-72-chevelle-rear-body-cross-rail-braces/crossrail-rear-body-1969-chevelle-ch27803.html

I think your right. I copied the pic from that page. I’d be able to mount it to the frame. They should be the same. Just have to see if I could get the bumper mounts correct. I bet it would fit to our tail piece. Check out these pics for the ‘69 chevelle. Looks really close. Same trunk lid. 

ECA957C9-EC2B-4A87-A971-9A22F875DE04.png

2F303406-36F9-43D9-ABF8-738B011A0930.png

F08BD779-DFAB-4D57-B628-2EBF51D65B42.jpeg

Yep, it sure looks like a better match on both panels, than the 70-72 Chevelle parts. If you can verify in person, that the 69 parts work, that may help a lot of other people down the road. Granted, they're still aftermarket panels and will still probably need a lot of work to make fit (even if it was a 69 Chevelle), but the basic shapes and contours are there compared to trying to make the parts from scratch.

The 2 side panels for the tail lights look different than the Monte (more like the contour of the 69 Chevelle rear lights), but the center panel looks like a ringer for our application.

• Like 1