Sign in to follow this  
Canuck

Steel cowl hood listed on OPGI

https://www.opgi.com/sheet-metal-body-panels/hood/1970-72-custom-steel-hoods/m240303.html

No photo but listing the part. First time I’ve seen a reproduction steel cowl hood. The details state that it is a Chevelle style bump and is available in functional or non-functional.

I'm wondering how big is the "bump". Ive seen other cowl hoods listed there and other places that state a 3 inch / 4 inch. I guess for people looking for more clearance 

https://www.opgi.com/sheet-metal-body-panels/hood/hood-fiberglass1/hood-fiberglass-1970-72-monte-carlo-4-inch-cowl-induction-m200009.html

The description says it is the Chevelle style bump and details that the Chevelle rear edge hood molding will fit this hood. Based on the description it will look like this:

Image result for chevelle ss hood

Speaking personally for the glasteck hood, it is 4". 

The hood that Canuck is posting is described to be like the pic he posted. 

We will have to wait for a pic. 🤔

I am dying to see what it looks like when they finally post pictures...underside too.

Best pics will come from someone who buys it and reviews it for us...😎

Does anyone remember Steve from NY who made a functional cowl hood. From scratch. Amazing!

Not this Steve from NY I don't have that kind of talent. Robert did make one, he grafted a Chevelle hood to a Monte hood and it came out real good but was a lot of work. I'd like a 2 inch cowl hood on mine but not willing to pay $600.00 for it.

Stan (iceman) from Pennsylvania made a beautiful fully functional one.

rob

I hope the length of the cowl is proportionate with the length of the hood.    

The Chevelle cowl is proportionate for the length of the Chevelle hood . Grafting one from a Chevelle , Not so proportionate to The length of a Monte Carlo hood.

However I have seen a few that I thought looked really nice , Especially compared to the stock original .

Stan (iceman) from Pennsylvania made a beautiful fully functional one.

rob

If you figure they did a steel G Body cowl twenty years ago, it's a bout time. Its about time to freshen up the 71 anyway.