Steel cowl hood listed on OPGI

Canuck

https://www.opgi.com/sheet-metal-body-panels/hood/1970-72-custom-steel-hoods/m240303.html

No photo but listing the part. First time I’ve seen a reproduction steel cowl hood. The details state that it is a Chevelle style bump and is available in functional or non-functional.

I'm wondering how big is the "bump". Ive seen other cowl hoods listed there and other places that state a 3 inch / 4 inch. I guess for people looking for more clearance 

https://www.opgi.com/sheet-metal-body-panels/hood/hood-fiberglass1/hood-fiberglass-1970-72-monte-carlo-4-inch-cowl-induction-m200009.html

The description says it is the Chevelle style bump and details that the Chevelle rear edge hood molding will fit this hood. Based on the description it will look like this:

Image result for chevelle ss hood

• Like 1

I am dying to see what it looks like when they finally post pictures...underside too.

Best pics will come from someone who buys it and reviews it for us...😎

I hope the length of the cowl is proportionate with the length of the hood.    

The Chevelle cowl is proportionate for the length of the Chevelle hood . Grafting one from a Chevelle , Not so proportionate to The length of a Monte Carlo hood.

However I have seen a few that I thought looked really nice , Especially compared to the stock original .

Once again , The cowl BUMP is just that...a bump. To me the length of the cowl does not look proportional to the long Monte hood.

Look at the Chevelle cowl hood and the Camaro, They look proportional to the length of each hood.  I am glad that they are at least trying .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Michael Boyte said:

Once again , The cowl BUMP is just that...a bump. To me the length of the cowl does not look proportional to the long Monte hood.

Look at the Chevelle cowl hood and the Camaro, They look proportional to the length of each hood.  I am glad that they are at least trying .

I'd say the Monte hood looks like their Chevelle hood (link below). But IMHO their fiberglass cowl hood looks more proportional .

https://www.opgi.com/sheet-metal-body-panels/hood/1970-72-steel-hoods/hood-steel-1970-72-chevelleel-camino-cowl-induction-kr02117.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAhc7yBRAdEiwAplGxXw03jmDdiMicltkqPOYI5MoLgjdG_yq0byzBqs_B04nBL9awSu0gDBoCqvgQAvD_BwE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, montebob70 said:

Looks too short to me.

Bob

I guess it's much the easier to copy someone else's work,  as opposed to actually  designing and engineering a more proportionate cowl hood.   

The little short cowl (functional or not) does not look proportionate to the long hood, To me it looks just like a Chevelle graft.  I see very little progress in the design !    

Once again,  So Sad !!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

hi when I did my car 10 years ago  my body man grafted a 1969 z/28 cowl  to my stock hood at the time it was less expensive   the modifying the avail 4" fiberglass  and I did not want lift off.  it is fully functionable  I also like the length and the hood center line follows thru the scoop to the rear.   I use the under hood mat but would not have to it looks like it came that way

dave

• 5 months later...

Looking at the first picture doesn’t appeal to me but the side picture looks better. I was really thinking about buying one. I think I will wait. I wish they would make that scoop in a longer version so you could add it to your own hood. I have two extra hoods in storage for years. The search begins. Any input where to buy that scoop would be great.