Steel cowl hood listed on OPGI

Canuck

Looking at the first picture doesn’t appeal to me but the side picture looks better. I was really thinking about buying one. I think I will wait. I wish they would make that scoop in a longer version so you could add it to your own hood. I have two extra hoods in storage for years. The search begins. Any input where to buy that scoop would be great.

Mike. I think all they work would just look like the one being sold. Some members have done that in the past.

check out US Body Source. They offer a fiberglass hood with what I think looks correct. Im looking for the correct scoop And doing that on a stock hood that I have in storage.

• 10 months later...
On 2/11/2020 at 4:30 PM, 502ci said:

I am dying to see what it looks like when they finally post pictures...underside too.

Best pics will come from someone who buys it and reviews it for us...😎

I just bought a brand new steel Goodmark cowl hood. The hood is 70" in length, and  length of the scoop is 42", which leaves 28" of hood in the front. I think it will look really good when my car gets painted soon.

I just got the hood transferred to my car this evening. I bought it from Carid and it was $768 plus shipping.

20210926_191101.thumb.jpg.7d7391c584fadb7262e6ae8c0023ab07.jpg20210926_190940.thumb.jpg.20150a12d0e1f8ecc084126078ed7d72.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

I like it. 👍👍But I also like the thought of the longer cowl option. I think that would look good too. 

I aggree I think the scoop needs to be just a little longer that's why I'm building my own. The scoop I'm looking at is about 53 inches but will be modified some before done. Looks like it's a month or two to get it once I order it. I'm almost to that point. I'll probably have about $500 into building it and a whole lot of time for sure. Hopefully I don't screw it up 🤑

34 minutes ago, MC-71 said:

Steve can you post a picture of the scoop? Or tell us the part number and where you bought it.

Thanks 

Carl I haven't bought it yet but the one I'm looking at is the AMD 301-scoop-1

Not sure how to do a link, it's on the usual sites Amd, summit, jegs and think I even saw it on Amazon too. I'm doing all the prep work on hood now and like I said very time consuming.  It appears to be out of stock now anyhow. I have some pictures in the body section under new project. I've looked at several of them but I'm really leaning towards this one at this time.

Steve,

I have that same very AMD 301-scoop-1 hood scoop that I'm not going to use now. It's just been sitting on the roof of my Monte Carlo in my shop. If you want I can take some pictures of it and post it for you. It will be cheaper than the $189 and change that Summit Racing is showing for the price of it now.

6 minutes ago, 72 Monte Carlo said:

Steve,

I have that same very AMD 301-scoop-1 hood scoop that I'm not going to use now. It's just been sitting on the roof of my Monte Carlo in my shop. If you want I can take some pictures of it and post it for you. It will be cheaper than the $189 and change that Summit Racing is showing for the price of it now.

Pm sent

I went to a cruise in Wednesday night and a show yesterday saw a couple different cowl hoods guys made. Talked to one guy that has a camaro that he had his made. I'm thinking now about making it a little more functional,  it will mean some more cutting but it may work. Stay tuned for more!